Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered Cobra mufflers for my 2006 Vulcan 750. The guy told me I may have to re-jet the carb. Should this improve my bikes performance... What do you think???

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
you do not have to re-jet. you may have to adjust your air/fuel mixture screws to reduce any popping on deceleration, if any develops.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You might not HAVE to re-jet, but today's bikes are already very lean from the factory, and adding a less restrictive exhaust just leans it out more. It's a PITA to re-jet a Vulcan, but there are significant gains to be made by doing so when swapping out the exhaust.

You should be able to search jetting, and find out what people are doing.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
802 Posts
When I put mine on, I checked the plug color. Color was fine on the plugs, did have to adjust the air mix screw. Don't know if it matters, but the bike is marbled too.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
You might not HAVE to re-jet, but today's bikes are already very lean from the factory, and adding a less restrictive exhaust just leans it out more. It's a PITA to re-jet a Vulcan, but there are significant gains to be made by doing so when swapping out the exhaust.

You should be able to search jetting, and find out what people are doing.

Good Luck!
The breathing restriction on the vn750 is not the stock exhaust, but rather the air intake. Only when the intake is modified with an ear shave and putting on freer flowing pod filters is rejetting required.

It is true that today`s motorcycles are tuned lean from the factory. The vn750 can can usually be sufficiently enrichened by turning out the fuel/air mixture screw as long as it still has a stock intake. Aftermarket exhaust should not further lean the mixture in this case.:smiley_th

·
Registered
796 Posts
X2 on what Hoss said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts