Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all anyone done anything with the coasting valves on our machines,i,v got a kawasaki manual and in the carb diagrams its shown as no. 7,its definition is to provide an enrichened mixture when coasting to prevent backfiring cheers moose.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
If your talking about what I think your talking abou (Reed Valves) They cause you to backfire. (Emisions Control) Correct me if I'm wrong, But it causes the bike to burn off Excess fuel that hasn't been burnt. Blamo! Back Fire! More like a "bup, bup, bup, bup, " When I'm running easing off the throttle. Not seriouse but correctable!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
You coaster the reed valve, but that's not the same as the coasting valve.
I believe it's also refered to as the Coasting Enrichner and is on the carb itself.
What page of the Kawasaki manual is the pic your talking about?
And is this a backfire related question?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi ye coasting enricher page 2/2 fuel system ,followed all tips in the verses but got very loud popping on front cylinder seems to be worse since i degoated but cant find any exhaust leaks so just wondering about this enricher thing,cheers moose.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Moose, it does get worse after degoating, but if you richen the carbs up a bit like they have talked about here, it makes it much better! I haven't got mine to completely stop, but I don't mind where it is at now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi thanks all,i checked the coasting enrichers and all ok,i had drilled the baffles but didnt like the sound so have now blanked them off again,i,ve adjusted the mix screws and am now at 2 1/2 on the rear and 3 on the front cylinders and the popping is a lot less so i,ll try it like that for a bit,cheers moose.ps.love the shop,how much postage to the uk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts