Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Coasters - Updated with pics!!!

Was talking about putting coasters on the bike (already marbled) to get rid of the hoses. Got a friend with a machine shop and sent him the specs. He asked if I wanted anything on the plate. Thought about the V logo and wings. Sent him a pic from a tank logo and he came up with this. Think I may fill the lines in with black so they show up. Turned out too good to hide behind one air filter. I'm gonna have to do an ear shave now.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
Was talking about putting coasters on the bike (already marbled) to get rid of the hoses. Got a friend with a machine shop and sent him the specs. He asked if I wanted anything on the plate. Thought about the V logo and wings. Sent him a pic from a tank logo and he came up with this. Think I may fill the lines in with black so they show up. Turned out too good to hide behind one air filter. I'm gonna have to do an ear shave now.
I like!!!!

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Looking good. The black highlight would be sharp too.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Those are sweet! I got my vulcan already coastered, Im not sure what they used to plug the holes but it is ugly like they shoved gum into the tubes that stick out....I would love a set like that lol Im guessing you just need a flat plate with holes for the screws yes?

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They went in the mail yesterday. :)

Sent an extra set for me test the painting out on. Think I may go black wings, and the V in as close color red as I can get to match the bike.

He probably can make more if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Yeah what he said

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Checking with him to see what he'd sell them for. I'll also post another pic when I get them in. He said the first one was more of a test for his engraving and the other one looked better.

When I say one, I meant set. (two)

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
WOW. That is too sweet! I already have coasters that I machined at work ....but ones with the emblem would be totally cool. Mainly since my '86 has a 90 gas tank and has been earshaved ...so I don't have those emblems anywhere on my bike. I too would love to know what the price will be. Another idea for the coasters would be an engraved Kawasaki " K " emblem or the word "Vulcan". Also "700" or "750" for those who have painted the side covers. Don't forget "DOHC" or "8 VALVE" . These are just more ideas to help him sell more of them.:smiley_th

·
Registered
57 Posts
definitely interested if hes willing to make more... Ill even pick up, I drive to grand prairie on a near daily basis! I would even drive the bike over on a saturday for a ride-a-thon to follow!!!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking on ebay, just the flat plain ones are 30 dollars shipped. He said he would be fine with that price. But you'd have to buy the bolts and washers needed. Seems like a fair price for getting a customized part.

I'm sure he can customize the plate to most anything. Well, maybe not a Rembrandt.

When I get them in, I'll post a picture so you can see the actual shipped product.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Scooter..I know the ones that are on ebay are actually not an exact fit..leaves a slight edge showing. Are the ones he's making a flush fit like Ron used to make?? If so..I'm in for a set..with the Vulcan wings..like in the pic you posted!
I'm pretty sure I got the specs from here. This is what I sent him.

Attachments

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I'm pretty sure I got the specs from here. This is what I sent him.
The dimensions on that blue print match the factory coasters on my bike, and they do cover the the hole w/o leaving any edge showing.:smiley_th

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He sent me these pictures. I asked about a double image of the letters. Not sure what font or what it is really called. Said it made the image too small and didn't look good.

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not questioning the guys work. He's made several custom parts for a few of us. Just want to see what I'm sending out so no one is disappointed.

If I wasn't at work, I could post some of the keychains he made for a group of us. Very nice. I'll try to when I get home, if the wife gives me any free time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts