Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when replacing the reed valves and putting coasters, do i need anything else besides the coasters? do i need any caps for anything else as the old system must connect somewhere and need to be caped? i havint ripped it apart yet so i dont know thats why im asking thanks.

·
Registered
796 Posts
When you remove all the hoses you need to cap off where they went. RE; The small hose that goes to the right side carb needs a cap and the hose that goes to the breather plennum needs to be plugged.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
When you remove all the hoses you need to cap off where they went. RE; The small hose that goes to the right side carb needs a cap and the hose that goes to the breather plennum needs to be plugged.
Baldy means that the carb port needs to be capped, not neccarielly the hose itself.

I made my coasters from about 1/8 inch aluminum. Use the reed valve for a pattern. If you are careful with the gasket it can be reused. I also used a small amount of rtv silicone sealent.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
what is that breather plenum you mention? Is it the hole on the bottom of the airbox?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Here`s a link to the verses, and probably more information than you want to read on coastering or marbling. LOL

Info there too on adjusting fuel settings on carb to reduce or eliminate popping and backfiring in exhaust.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1083

·
Registered
796 Posts
what is that breather plenum you mention? Is it the hole on the bottom of the airbox?
Yes the air box. Some have just plugged the hose but if you can get to it the hole in the airbox can be plugged off with a rubber plug/grommet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts