Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
FastHamFreddy
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So last night I did the coaster mod. I removed the three hoses (one on each side of the engine, and the one going to the air box, then put the coasters in place on both sides, and capped the nipple on the back of the carb) but there is a 4th hose (california model) going down to what the owners manual calls a "separator : return pump" that leads to the "canister". The Separator also leads to the "Breather hose (blue)" and the the "return hose (red)" I believe the two lines coming out the back of the gas tank (please correct me if I am wrong).

- Page 2-28 Fuel system to find it in the owners manual.

Question is can I just tear all of that out? (the canister, and the separator along with the hoses going to the air box and out the back of the gas tank) and if so do I have to cap the breather hose, and the return hose coming out the back of the fuel tank, and just tear out the hose going to the air box?

and is there anything else i need to look for if I take the separator and canister out?

As always thanks!

·
FastHamFreddy
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After some further digging I read I can leave the hoses coming out the back of the tank left open leading to the back of the bike away from the exhaust? Would this be alright? or is this going to cause a problem down the road?

and if it would work I can just take out the separator and the canister with the hose correct?

Sorry for the million questions. I am just a little weary of just thinking i am right and going for it when it comes to the fuel system QUE THE EXPLOSIONS! haha

1 - 2 of 2 Posts