Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got some nice coaster plates, I ordered new gaskets as the old ones are fused lol when I bought the bike it was crudely marbled, they just plugged the vent from the cylinder with a strange substance. I wanted to find out if I should replace just the outer tube part of the vent assem. or the whole thing. If I remove the whole assem. what bolts or screws should be used? Thank you!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I recently got some nice coaster plates, I ordered new gaskets as the old ones are fused lol when I bought the bike it was crudely marbled, they just plugged the vent from the cylinder with a strange substance. I wanted to find out if I should replace just the outer tube part of the vent assem. or the whole thing. If I remove the whole assem. what bolts or screws should be used? Thank you!
The coasters replace the whole thing. As for the bolts, you may be able to reuse the ones that held the original reed valves on, with a lockwasher under the bolt head.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
The coasters replace the whole thing. As for the bolts, you may be able to reuse the ones that held the original reed valves on, with a lockwasher under the bolt head.
x2 :smiley_th

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys! I even managed to make use out of the gaskets once the reed valves were out. And as for the bolts I bought some honda bolts theyre 6x12 I believe. Just enough that they wont bottom out and I didnt need any washers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's the finished coasters

Attachments

·
Registered
802 Posts
Do you have some type of support for the throttle cables to keep it from covering the coaster? My cables go right over the top of the coaster.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have some type of support for the throttle cables to keep it from covering the coaster? My cables go right over the top of the coaster.
No , I had a tough time getting my cables lengthened for my apes. The guy had no clue what he was doing and the kits are too expensive my clutch cable was the only one I had lengthened and it took 3 tries (he never measured the first time, then the adjuster was broken, third time he was still short about an inch so I gave up lmao) so I think my throttle cables are stock, just rerouted them to work (fit just barely) so thats why it sits a little above.

·
Registered
802 Posts
You left the reeds on too? Thought about taking them off on mine, but decided I kinda like the black edging.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No lol the reeds came off because the gasket on the backside nearest the cylinder was still ok. It looks darker cause of the shadow and my bike is an 86 so the engine case isnt as shiny as I'd like.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts