Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning. Clutch slipped and engine revved funny going into 5th. Thought that waas strange and the when traffic slowed a bit I down shifted into NOTHING. No gears. Nothing. Cable was still good, I could feel that. Hit the flashers and luckily everyone slowed to left me drift to the shoulder.

Probably just a a spring or something simple. These Sporty clutches are solid. She is not the fastest thing on the road any longer however. Well today...

Rush our breakdown in the left lane - Album on Imgur

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
Seems like something stuck in the released position or more than one disc shed it's material.. Were you clutching into 5th or speed shifting? I guess if the cable feels normal, time for a new set of clutch discs?

Familiar with that road, you could have easily caused a Charlotte stomp! Kinda rare for people to let you merge too. A lot of competitive drivers on that stretch. zoom zoom zoom

Waiting for pics of the teardown.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
you need to put a shut of switch on your supercharger like on the Mad Max Interceptor.works like a charm on my xs400.everyday cruising,its a plain ole xs400.a Hyabusa steps up next to me,it's warp ten.5 baby.VROOM A ZOOM ZOOM

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
Or if you want,I have a cousin who builds transmissions for the Valgonian army's battle star cruisers in galaxy 7ityh6.6 in the nuebliein star clusters. does great work.his clutches withstand over 678 billion ft. pds. of torque and close to 1000 billion horsepower. the wait time is a little slow(6hrs),as he is using one of the first generation fusion powered plasma cutters but the friction plates are 450% harder than diamond and 350% lighter than helium so you get a drastic amount of traction and one hell of a weight reduction

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems like something stuck in the released position or more than one disc shed it's material.. Were you clutching into 5th or speed shifting? I guess if the cable feels normal, time for a new set of clutch discs?

Familiar with that road, you could have easily caused a Charlotte stomp! Kinda rare for people to let you merge too. A lot of competitive drivers on that stretch. zoom zoom zoom

Waiting for pics of the teardown.

LOL I saw on the WAZE app that I may have been costing Charlotte thousands or even millions of dollars in lost productivity!

DOC, sittin still, she is still pretty gadamn fast!

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
I wanna build a Sporty with a Buell top end and keep it as stock looking as possible. do an aftermarket air filter inside a stock 883 air box and tell everyone it's an 883

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seriously. I rode my nephews Victory which was around 17-1800cc and having that power just makes driving easy. Low RPM's make for a very smooth ride. Well, nothing is going to make a rigid sporty a smooth ride but you know what I mean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts