Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While the motor is out I figured I would replace the clutch springs is there anything special about it or do I just pry out the old and push in the new?

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
Clutch springs? Your not replacing the clutch plates?

Well, you'll need a new clutch cover gasket, a 10mm socket and some blue loctite for the bolts. (the cover uses a 8mm socket...use a six point one if you can)

I'd go with "heavy duty" springs BTW....

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clutch springs? Your not replacing the clutch plates?

Well, you'll need a new clutch cover gasket, a 10mm socket and some blue loctite for the bolts. (the cover uses a 8mm socket...use a six point one if you can)

I'd go with "heavy duty" springs BTW....
motor is already out i will get my ebc csk springs in before the rest of the parts i need to get it back on the road the plates arent dead yet so im going to put them back in until my new ebc csk plates arive on the 23rd

what i ment by the question is .... is there any special tricks to taking the springs out of the basket not how do i get to them

hell the old springs arent bad either just want to upgrade

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw knifemaker i hear you make some damn fine floorboards what kinda price you get on a set?

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is a simple procedure.
so just pop out the old and push in the new right?????:smiley_th

easy as one two boing ?????????? :dead_hors

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
That is right. No special tools. Just what was mentioned above. If you don't tear the gasket it can be reused. Replace it when the new springs come in.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is right. No special tools. Just what was mentioned above. If you don't tear the gasket it can be reused. Replace it when the new springs come in.
the new ones should be a litte hard to put in as far as the amount of force it takes to get them in place right?
if so can i use a hammer? say yes i need to hit something darn it i got two more days till the engine parts get here tracking numbers are a blessing and a curse at the same time

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
The springs just bolt in and out. No real force needed. If you look here you can see i just used an electric screw driver with a socket adapter:
http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/knifemaker1954/1490880062/

There's no real pressure needed as your not really compressing the springs....they only compress when you pull in your clutch lever.

Don't remember having ANY problem pulling the old springs out or putting the new springs in. Once you remove the bolt and washer they almost fall out. Be carefull you don't strip out the bolts putting them in...(I set the torque on my driver low and tightened the last bit by hand.)..... But....

DO use the loctite on the bolts when reassembling..you don't want any of them backing out.

And.... I no longer make the floorboards....but Chad does using my basic design:
http://www.chadsbike.com/floorboards.htm

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
nice to know it is easy to do but i wish i could use the hammer lol
thanks for the link to both the springs and boards

now that i looked at the pic yea thats easy enough i was thinking of the springs i saw on the back of my friends 92 susucky 1100g he has springs like that but also on the back of the outer basket he has five springs can those be changed i believe they are for balancing the outer basket cause three of his just wobble in there and his basket is wobblly and the clutch is slipping terribly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts