Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm at work right now, working on the 88 vn750 motor. everything is going well but I broke 2 clutch spring bolts (the bolts that go through the spring on the clutch hub).
first off, it didn't even seem half way to torque spec when they snapped heads off. i'll have to drill the rest out.
But, does anybody know what size those bolts are. All i seem to be able to find is a specific part number. but no actual dimensions.
has anyone ever replaced it with a non-oem specific bolt (something from fastenal or lowes etc)?
i also have an 85 madura motor sitting at home that I can cannibalize the bolts from if applicable. but i'd like to order new bolts tonight if no other option presents itself. otherwise i won't know if the madura bolts will work until 2 days from now.

nevermind, i found the size, (6x18 btw)
i'll delete this thread as soon as i figure out how.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Leave it up please, in case anyone else needs the size.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the same this morning installing my new clutch.

I think these bolts get easily cross threaded. I've decided to tap the threads before I re-assemble to confirm a clear smooth thread.

Possibly replace the bolds with new ones.

Are the screws M6-18mm?

Thanks

BC in NJ..

·
Registered
8,177 Posts

I think these bolts get easily cross threaded. I've decided to tap the threads before I re-assemble to confirm a clear smooth thread.

Are the screws M6-18mm?

Thanks

BC in NJ..
We used to be able to look up the bolts on parts sites and they listed the size/pitch, but most took that info away. A couple still show the sizes, but one doesn't show the size until you look at it in your cart. Try Kawasakipartshouse.com .

There's also a thread checker wherever they sell bolts.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts

Are the screws M6-18mm?

Thanks

BC in NJ..
We used to be able to look up the bolts on parts sites and they listed the size/pitch, but most took that info away. A couple still show the sizes, but one doesn't show the size until you look at it in your cart. Try Kawasakipartshouse.com .

There's also a thread checker wherever they sell bolts.
Had nothing to do so I looked...

6x18 mm

Part 92001 - 1066 ?

https://www.kawasakipartshouse.com/oemparts/p/kawasaki/92001-1066/bolt-flanged-6x18

1 - 5 of 5 Posts