Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, lets see if i can explain this. I was having trouble installing my Bevel gear case. What i believe the problem is. is the pin (lets call it the gear pin) that ingages the clutch push rod was sticking to far out and was no longer engaging the release shaft gear. It got this way during the installation of the bevel gear case because the release lever got turned and i would spin it around to reposition it (im learning as i go). So what i think i can do to fix this without completly removing the clutch release is. I realigned the gear pin so it could engage the release shaft, spun the release lever so the gear pin would retract all the way. Then install the bevel gear case. Remove the clutch release lever and if needed Spin the release shaft so the gear pin touches the clutch push rod and reinstall the release lever lining up the gap and the rib. Does this make sense? I got so frustrated with this i just quit for the day had a beer watching hockey, and will try again tomarrow.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
its been to long since I did mine but when I took mine off there was a little gear inside that fell out. cant find the gear on the diagram but I believe the clutch cable hooks to it, I had to make sure it was installed all the way in the released position. dont know if this helps you at all cause its not very detailed hopefully some one else can explain it better than me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts