Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike broke down and has been sitting a good 2 months, fast forward to today and there is no tension in the clutch return, I've heard about roatating the bevel in more than a few posts, given that the clutch was fine before it broke down and I havent touched it besides disconnecting the line, would there be any other reason as to why there is no tension before i dive into a good chunk of the manuel?

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Three or so items can cause that, depending on what you're seeing.

Broken or stuck rack and pinion in the bevel gear case

Broken clutch basket or clutch stack binding

Stuck clutch pushrod

Cable binding

Does the cable and lower lever move freely if you pull it in and out by hand?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Three or so items can cause that, depending on what you're seeing.

Broken or stuck rack and pinion in the bevel gear case

Broken clutch basket or clutch stack binding

Stuck clutch pushrod

Cable binding

Does the cable and lower lever move freely if you pull it in and out by hand?
It moves freely with ease (bevel) but it was working fine before, it had broken down initially due to hella dirty carbs but I got that out of the way. Before it broke down, it was absolutely fine, if anything running a bit rich. But even then, it had only been sitting for less than 2 months and I put fresh oil in before it went away for storage until I could start working on it again which I am. I read a lot of reading and someone says to open the cover that looks like it could be opened with a quarter and push that pin in until it stops, then reset of bevel to align it with the case or something. Any other input before I get down and dirty?

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
It moves freely with ease (bevel) but it was working fine before, it had broken down initially due to hella dirty carbs but I got that out of the way. Before it broke down, it was absolutely fine, if anything running a bit rich. But even then, it had only been sitting for less than 2 months and I put fresh oil in before it went away for storage until I could start working on it again which I am. I read a lot of reading and someone says to open the cover that looks like it could be opened with a quarter and push that pin in until it stops, then reset of bevel to align it with the case or something. Any other input before I get down and dirty?
Did you notice anything the first time you pulled the clutch lever?

If the lever on the bevel case moves freely, something is definitely stuck or broken.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts