Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike broke down a little over 2 months ago and I'm finally getting time to work on it, I put the exhaust and radiator back on and cleaned the gas tank, but when I went to connect the clutch cable to the bevel at the bottum of the bike, it would hang limp and the bevel wouldnt tension its way back to where it needs to be, tomorrow I'm cleaning the carbs putting it all together and testing it to see if it turns on, will cranking the motor build tension for the clutch? Or does it need to be serviced.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
My bike broke down a little over 2 months ago and I'm finally getting time to work on it, I put the exhaust and radiator back on and cleaned the gas tank, but when I went to connect the clutch cable to the bevel at the bottum of the bike, it would hang limp and the bevel wouldnt tension its way back to where it needs to be, tomorrow I'm cleaning the carbs putting it all together and testing it to see if it turns on, will cranking the motor build tension for the clutch? Or does it need to be serviced.
The shaft on the bevel gear case has to be turned and held all the way in a certain direction before the lever and cable is installed. The split in the lever also must be aligned with the mark on the case.

Check the repair manual in my signature for details on rotating the shaft.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts