Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best path for the clutch cable? Mine was getting pinched by where the forks attach to the frame. Any good guides for routing the cable?

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
What's the best path for the clutch cable? Mine was getting pinched by where the forks attach to the frame. Any good guides for routing the cable?
I checked the manual and there's nothing about routing. Several pics of various sections though.

I can take a look at mine if that helps you any.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the manual and there's nothing about routing. Several pics of various sections though.

I can take a look at mine if that helps you any.
Ya, that would be helpful. I don't think I have it correct.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
It's pretty straightforward on mine, though my cable does have a slight nick in the outer rubber casing where it rubs the lower triple tree in a hard Left turn.

Cable comes out of the lever, down behind the speedometer, through the retainer loop with the wire harness stacked in front of the clutch cable in the loop.

From there it simply arcs down behind the lower triple tree to where it clips onto the frame, following the frame back to the bevel case.

I'll put these pics up and wait to see if you need more. I'll try to get another one beside the bevel case.

Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Plant Automotive tire

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Hood Automotive tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts