Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reading over the procedure for adjusting the clutch cable last night and it left me with a question that I couldn't find the answer to... According to the Clymers you should add slack to the clutch cable at the middle adjustment screw then turn the lever at the engine til just before the clutch releases... Are you supposed to turn the lever by hand?

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I was reading over the procedure for adjusting the clutch cable last night and it left me with a question that I couldn't find the answer to... According to the Clymers you should add slack to the clutch cable at the middle adjustment screw then turn the lever at the engine til just before the clutch releases... Are you supposed to turn the lever by hand?
I haven`t had to adjust my clutch yet, but my understanding from reading the Clymer manual is, Yes turn the release lever at the engine by hand while setting that adjustment.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven`t had to adjust my clutch yet, but my understanding from reading the Clymer manual is, Yes turn the release lever at the engine by hand while setting that adjustment.
Should it move easily or do you really put some muscle into it?

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
I did mine last. Year using the clymers procedure it will turn easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts