Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you make the cable tighter? i have to let the leaver all the way out to start rolling i need it tight. thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
follow the cable down from the lever towards the engine and you shall see the adjustment about half way down on the left side of the bike. Its one of those threaded nut doo hickies that take up slack in the cable as you tighten it. kinda like a turnbuckle.

·
Now what
400 Posts
I've attached a text file that tells how to adjust the clutch.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
how do you make the cable tighter? i have to let the leaver all the way out to start rolling i need it tight. thanks.
He needs to loosen it up some. He wants it rolling sooner. Put a little slack in the cable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys

·
Dave
95 Posts
niterider,

I did just that this weekend. I put slack in the cable but it didn't make sense moving it that way but it worked. After you posted it made sense. My clutch was way out from previous owner and had gotten worse. The bike would actually jump a little when putting in gear every now and then so I thought it had to be tightened. Put some slack in and readjusted up at the handle to the 3-4mm spec gap and its better all around.

Thanks,
Dave:beerchug:

Have I mentioned this week how much I love this VN750? :pepper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts