Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was trying to adjust my clutch today because it was pulling with the clutch in all the way making it a little hard to get into neutral at a stop. I loosened the adjusting nut in the middle of the line and was adjusting the freeplay at the lever. Got it to where I wanted it but now it pulls harder and I can't even hit neutral without shutting it off. I read Clymers a hundred times and I still can't figure out what I did wrong. How much do you loosen the adjusting nut and when is it tight enough. Every time I did an adjustment, I'd start it back up only to find it was still pulling hard. Anyone have any ideas on how to correct this? :doh:

·
2,520 Posts
Are you sure your cable isn't starting to go bad? Mine started working hard and I found the cable end by my clutch lever was fraying and coming apart. It was only being held together by 2 strands!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good thing you found it in time! I'll probably take it apart tomorrow and see whats going on. At least I will have installed correctly if anything. Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts