Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering using a LED taillight from CLEAR ALTERNATIVES.
Does anyone here know what the functional difference is between
CTL-0046-L ($85) and CTL-0046 ($42)?
Their website doesn't offer much info and I can't get them to respond to my e-mail.

Mo

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hmmm. I can't find CTL-46L on their web site. You want LED-46L for our bikes.

Code: LED-46-L
Weight: 0.50
Price: $49.95

Takes longer to open the box than to install :beerchug:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On thier website in
Products
Taillights
Kawasaki
Vulcan
About 2/3 of the way down the page
Code: CTL-0046-L
Price: $84.95
and
Code: CTL-0046
Price: $41.95

Always Faithful

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Pretty sure the CTL-0046-L is the LED board AND the lens cover together. You have to choose between clear or smoked lenses for both the 0046 and the 0046-L. You save about $5 that way.

·
Registered
156 Posts
GREAT product +1 for their products. Either way, you won't be disappointed. I debated and debated, finally broke down. Haven't looked back since! No more dimming headlight when I hit my brakes lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pretty sure the CTL-0046-L is the LED board AND the lens cover together. You have to choose between clear or smoked lenses for both the 0046 and the 0046-L. You save about $5 that way.
Ah you're right...

Here's the board alone: http://clearalternatives.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CA&Product_Code=LED-46-L&Category_Code=LED

GREAT product +1 for their products. Either way, you won't be disappointed. I debated and debated, finally broke down. Haven't looked back since! No more dimming headlight when I hit my brakes lol.
Another +1 for the LED tail light. Comes on nearly instantly and less power consumption

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
I've got the Clear Alternatives LED board on my baby. Works fantastic through the stock red lens. No need to buy the clear lense unless you like the look of it. But then again the brake light won't be as red without the red lens.

·
Columbus, Ohio
523 Posts
I've got the Clear Alternatives LED board on my baby. Works fantastic through the stock red lens. No need to buy the clear lense unless you like the look of it. But then again the brake light won't be as red without the red lens.
I sure would like to see pictures of these lights. Not so much the installation as the finished product.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I love the light. The red LED & red lense really seam to intensify the "red". The early ones did have a board failure issue but they replaced mine no problem This is deffinatly a great upgrade for our bikes.

·
Premium Member
3,027 Posts
That seems like a lot of money for a tail light. I finally decided to get headlight and brake light modulators. I've seen quite a few of them, and they do attract my attention, but then pretty much any bike attracts my attention, whether I'm riding or driving. I will be keeping the stock bulbs though. They work great, and they are nice and cheap when they burn out. Jerry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts