Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the guys I ride with got my attention a while back when we were getting ready to start day 2 of our 3 day Thanksgiving trip to Leakey. I pulled out my Honda Pro Cleaner (about $6 a can) and started cleaning the bug splatters off my windshield and headlight. He pulled out his yellow can of Lemon Pledge and started spraying his windshield of his Goldwing! I nearly crapped. He laughed at me and said look it up. It's one of the best cleaners you can buy and won't hurt the plexiglass or paint etc. So, I ignored him and forgot about it. This weekend my friend with a shadow 1100 saw my can of Honda Pro and said "you're gona laugh, but I've used Lemon Pledge for years on my bikes". So, I thought I had better go ahead and google it. Sure enough, there are lots of bike cleaning tips about using Lemon Pledge... Here's a nice writeup.

http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/pages/2004/65/feature65.htm

Interesting! I might have to give it a try.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I always used Lemon Pledge to clean my racing bikes. Does a great job removing bug parts and, um, nasal clearage, and then leaves a very thin protective coating of wax on the paint. Every time I smell it I have fond memories of prepping for a race!

·
Lebanon, NJ
437 Posts
Confused?

Now I'm a bit confused. Newbie here. The Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish that I've heard so much about, contains petrolium distillates. I thought that that was harmful to most wind shields? Yet I've read that some use it for this?

later...

·
Registered
659 Posts
Instead of Pledge I went to Dollar General and bought a dispenser of furniture polish cloths that pop out of the top like wet-wipes. These work great and no over spray on anything. polish cloth in one hand and a paper towel in the other get the bike shined up in minutes. I don't use it on the windshield though. Just water on that. I lay a wet paper towel on the windshield to soften the bugs and dirt, then gently wipe it clean. I use a soft cloth to dry it after the grunge is gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts