1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Looks great!

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
Gorgeous! For the muffler, did you use engine paint? I was thinking of doing the same, but I had no way of knowing how it would look. Now I do! And, where can I order that handlebar? Last question; what keeps the saddlebags in place?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks good, I always thought those bars would help me with the stock seat.

Seems like the problems began when I adjusted the bars back, previous owner had them tilted really far forward.
I had to put something on, I stole the stock mini apes and put them on my goldwing🙄. The T-bars are very comfortable.

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
I had to put something on, I stole the stock mini apes and put them on my goldwing🙄. The T-bars are very comfortable.
I think I really need to try those bars, the mini apes look kinda silly pushed forward like they were. I was ok with it as far as riding, but peer pressure made me adjust them back.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gorgeous! For the muffler, did you use engine paint? I was thinking of doing the same, but I had no way of knowing how it would look. Now I do! And, where can I order that handlebar? Last question; what keeps the saddlebags in place?
Thanks!
The muffler and header were sanded with 40 grit flap disk on a 4.5" grinder then sprayed with primer and paint. I didn't want to do it, but my son insisted on blackout. It's actually working well.
Tire Automotive tire Bottle Tin Liquid

Bars. Unfortunately, they've gone up $20 since I purchased. Very good quality
Rectangle Font Parallel Logo Diagram

Bag supports. Got these on eBay years ago. Made for our bikes. Doubt if you'd find them these days. eBay has 'universal fit' bag supports that should work fine.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Hope this helps.
Ride on...

·
Registered
10,315 Posts
Thanks!
The muffler and header were sanded with 40 grit flap disk on a 4.5" grinder then sprayed with primer and paint. I didn't want to do it, but my son insisted on blackout. It's actually working well.
View attachment 54570

View attachment 54571

Bag supports. Got these on eBay years ago. Made for our bikes. Doubt if you'd find them these days. There are 'universal fit' bag supports that should work fine.
View attachment 54572

Hope this helps.
Ride on...
Oh yeah, was just looking at the bars. Looks like yours are 6" rise? Bit different than the drag bars I was looking at previously.

I think there's still bag supports on eBay, but they aren't from Kawasaki, mine fit perfectly though.

·
Super Moderator
540 Posts
Thanks!

Bag supports. Got these on eBay years ago. Made for our bikes. Doubt if you'd find them these days. eBay has 'universal fit' bag supports that should work fine.

Hope this helps.
Ride on...
Excellent info on the paint, because the cans you posted are the exact ones I intended to buy. I like the matte look anyway, so it's perfect for me.

The bars appear to be super simple. Might be cheaper to just fabricate my own. Not going to worry about those until after I've managed to get the windscreen ($10, used, from a Harley) mounted. I want to see if I even want the windscreen. I might not like it, and if that happens, I'll put them up for sale here.

Bag supports: So, what you posted is just what keeps the bags from bouncing into the wheel, etc... What I meant to ask was this:

The last set of saddlebags I had just draped over the fender and under the seat, which held them in place. What is keeping your saddlebags from just sliding right off the back? That's what I meant. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! My own design 🤣. Stock seat, removed the seat cover, cut down the seat foam to flow with the slope of the tank. Recovered with stretch vinyl and stapled to seat pan. Total cost about $15 and some time.
A bucket list item is to learn how to sew. I've purchased better vinyl for black sides and dark brown seat area. Should look nice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts