Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kind of hard to notice, but when revving the engine, as the RPMs go down, I hear a "clacking" noise. On the left side, it's in the front cylinder, on the right side, it's in the back cylinder (or so my untrained ear thinks anyway). I'm VERY new to working on bikes, so I don't even have a clue about most of the parts or what they do lol! Any ideas of what this is, how to fix it, or if this is normal?

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok... what is the ACCT and the MCCT?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Click on the underlined "Grambo Trick" and it will take you to the thread that explains this. Also if you haven't downloaded the service manual, I would do so. That way you can take a look at some parts and such even if you don't wasn't to do any servicing yourself. I forget who has the d/l link in their sig, but I'm sure someone remembers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOLY CRAP!!! that was it!!! i LOVE this site!!! we'll see if it works. at least if it comes back, i know what i need to do now

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just got my MCCTs in. gonna be gone all weekend, but hopefully i can find time to mount them today. add that to a full set of bags (saddle, fork, sissy bar, etc) and a sissy bar for my seat mod... gonna be a whole new bike in a little while lol

·
wanderer
6 Posts
I had the same problem I pulled both ACCTs the front one seemed to be OK the back one was sticky. I sprayed it with WD 40 and compressed air until it worked smoothly. After I replaced them the noise was gone. I got most of the info from this forum. So thanks to all. :smiley_th

I have a few tips. When removing the front ACCT You will have to move a loom from the inside nut. I found a pair of needle nose pliers useful.

When removing the back ACCT it is necessary to remove the coolant overflow bottle.

BTW my bike has 17,000 miles on it.

·
Madmaverick83
19 Posts
After going through this forum i too was also able to fix my clacking noise. just put a slotted head bit in my ratchet and turned it counter clockwise till it got tight. now if i can just get the damn electrical to work right.

·
Registered
619 Posts
After going through this forum i too was also able to fix my clacking noise. just put a slotted head bit in my ratchet and turned it counter clockwise till it got tight. now if i can just get the damn electrical to work right.
Hi and welcome to the forum
Clean all the electrical connections and get good grounds, coat with di-electric grease to protect them, fit a new AGM maintenance free battery these bikes need a very good battery, see how you go with that to start with, let us know what problems you have with the electrics be more specific. :smiley_th

1 - 10 of 10 Posts