Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since anyone posted anything for this region. What say sometime in mid to late July we just get a group of riders together starting in Tacoma and go counter-clockwise around Washington state just for giggles?
We can pick up people along the way and have a ball. Say plan on 4 days to ride and see the sights/eat/goof around/ride some more?
Or we can pick Oregon. It doesn't really matter.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
there is lots of cool stuff to see in both states. wish I was closer to make the ride... I miss riding in Oregon... been 15 years since I did a ride there.

·
Registered
363 Posts
ride

:smiley_th:smiley_th i wish too that i could make the ride. when i was stationed at ft.lewis i didnt have a bike , i sure would like to travel wash. st. on a bike .

even if u dont get many people to go , I know u will have a good time .
good luck and have fun:beerchug:

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm in Portland, OR. Let me know when you'll be in and around the Columbia River Gorge or Mount St. Helens. However, I will be unavailable the weekend of July 17, that's Cycle Oregon Weekend (the pedal kind of cycle that is).

FYI Mount St. Helens just refurbished the Johnson Observatory for its 30 year anniversary. Grand opening is this coming Tuesday. The sun is strong there, so bring sunscreen.

·
Banned
448 Posts
I might just have to do that. I live in Idaho, but I wouldn't mind coming up there.
I have been to both Or and Wa state a few hundred times, but in a semi truck working, and never got the see the sights.
Please keep me posted, and I will do my best to come for a few days.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,718 Posts
It's been a while since anyone posted anything for this region. What say sometime in mid to late July we just get a group of riders together starting in Tacoma and go counter-clockwise around Washington state just for giggles?
We can pick up people along the way and have a ball. Say plan on 4 days to ride and see the sights/eat/goof around/ride some more?
that sounds like a great idea! it would be like a "Rolling" Gathering! you are planing it right around the same time as the "Gathering" also. I don't see why we couldn't have more than one "Gathering". out east here we will be having ours in the "Rocking" (Hocking) Hills of Ohio. out west you can have a "Rolling" Gathering! and together we will have the "Rock 'n' Roll" Gatherings! lol :smiley_th:beerchug:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where in Idaho are you, RakerBill?? I live in Clarkston Wa. across the river from Lewiston, Idaho. Maybe if you were in the central to northern Idaho area, we could meet up sometime.

As for a "rolling ride" through/around Washington, I would be interested in a couple of days riding. There are some nice areas around the southeastern part of Washington State. Rattlesnake Grade going into Oregon is a good twisty ride as well as very scenic. Of course there are numerous other directions one could go as well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Did you ever get the ride going? I live in Birch Bay just north of Bellingham. And am always interested in a gang cruise. But one stipulation I make is that I absolutely refuse to ride with anyone or any group that drinks alcohol while cruising.

You are never too old to cruise.
You only get old when you don't!

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,718 Posts
one stipulation I make is that I absolutely refuse to ride with anyone or any group that drinks alcohol while cruising.
well, around here (my neck of the woods) you'd be riding by yourself, everywhere! lol ;) the wife and I don't drink and ride. we ride, then drink, after the bikes are put away for the day. we ride with people that drink and ride, but that's their choice. just because they do it, doesn't mean I have too. what you're saying is like saying "I wear a helmet, so, I won't ride with anyone who doesn't wear a helmet". it's all freedom of choice. to each there own.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
What's wrong with Ridin', stop at a Bar/Restaurant for lunch.
Eat and enjoy one Beer with lunch, depart and ride some more ?

:smiley_th

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,718 Posts
What's wrong with Ridin', stop at a Bar/Restaurant for lunch.
Eat and enjoy one Beer with lunch, depart and ride some more ?

:smiley_th
to me? nothing. I won't have a beer, but that doesn't mean you couldn't.

but hey, if geezyrider ever rides into my hood, he at least will have 2 others that he would have no problem riding with! :smiley_th

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Did you ever get the ride going? I live in Birch Bay just north of Bellingham. And am always interested in a gang cruise. But one stipulation I make is that I absolutely refuse to ride with anyone or any group that drinks alcohol while cruising.

You are never too old to cruise.
You only get old when you don't!
You have every right to choose which people you want to ride with and I can fully respect your personal decision but maybe you shouldn't have asked about a ride in Washington state that was suppose to happen three years ago because some may think that you were drinking when you tacked onto the thread. lol All good and as others posted you have every right to choose which people you want to ride with. I myself do not drink and ride even one drink but that is me. I have been with others that had a beer or two and again that was their choice and when we were riding in a line I decided to ride at a different portion of the line from them, my choice.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You have every right to choose which people you want to ride with and I can fully respect your personal decision but maybe you shouldn't have asked about a ride in Washington state that was suppose to happen three years ago because some may think that you were drinking when you tacked onto the thread. lol All good and as others posted you have every right to choose which people you want to ride with. I myself do not drink and ride even one drink but that is me. I have been with others that had a beer or two and again that was their choice and when we were riding in a line I decided to ride at a different portion of the line from them, my choice.
Nah, I wasn't on anything. But at 82 years of age I do have some senior moments, would that be a good enough excuse? And I was just thinking maybe the dude might want to recreate the ride.

·
2,494 Posts
Nah, I wasn't on anything. But at 82 years of age I do have some senior moments, would that be a good enough excuse? And I was just thinking maybe the dude might want to recreate the ride.
I understand and I was just busting. You have 22 years on me and I hope I am still riding when I get there. I wish you many more years of enjoyment. Many of those people that posted on the first page of the thread I haven't seen or heard from in some time. Make a post of your own and maybe you can come up with some people to make that ride. Wolfie and some of the other boys such as KC, Mercury and a few others have been getting rides put together of late and some draw a limited crowd and others draw more. You just have to keep putting the invitation out there. Enjoy.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I understand and I was just busting. You have 22 years on me and I hope I am still riding when I get there. I wish you many more years of enjoyment. Many of those people that posted on the first page of the thread I haven't seen or heard from in some time. Make a post of your own and maybe you can come up with some people to make that ride. Wolfie and some of the other boys such as KC, Mercury and a few others have been getting rides put together of late and some draw a limited crowd and others draw more. You just have to keep putting the invitation out there. Enjoy.
Yeah Tom, they are going to have to pry my cold dead fingers from the handlebars one of these days. And you are also right that I should make a post. Maybe post a ride next spring from Anacortes or Burlington east across the Northern Cascades to Winthrop. Then down south to the Wenatchee Apple Valley and west over Stevens Pass to Everett and back to the barn. Could make it a one or even two day ride and maybe include a run up Lake Chelan on the way back.

·
2,494 Posts
Yeah Tom, they are going to have to pry my cold dead fingers from the handlebars one of these days. And you are also right that I should make a post. Maybe post a ride next spring from Anacortes or Burlington east across the Northern Cascades to Winthrop. Then down south to the Wenatchee Apple Valley and west over Stevens Pass to Everett and back to the barn. Could make it a one or even two day ride and maybe include a run up Lake Chelan on the way back.
I am going to take a look at a map when I get some time and then look some of those locations up to find pictures of the views. Good luck with it and everything else as you cruise along.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I started this thread way back in 2010 but never did get to go. I forget the reason why. Something to do with the family I think but that doesn't matter. The concept is still good. Anyone want to do this sometime this summer?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts