Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I chromed out my radiator using automotive chrome tape. You can see a video on my Youtube channel "Cheap Rides". Let me know what you think. (Of the chrome radiator, not my wife. I know she's a cutie :smile2:).

Attachments

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Chrome tape? Like a metal furnace tape? Looks ok in the pic.

The Mrs. looks the right size to fit double on this bike.

That backrest is different, never saw one like that for the Vulcan.

·
2,506 Posts

Looks like the backrest for the Corbin seat. That was a Corbin option when they made them.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts

Looks like the backrest for the Corbin seat. That was a Corbin option when they made them.

Hmm, now that you mention it, that looks just like the backrest on the Corbin solo seat I'm bidding on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is automotive chrome tape. Available on Amazon. Same stuff that is used to wrap a car in chrome except only 2 inches wide. It is a Mustang seat. The backrest pulls right out.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
You used something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/TECKWRAP-Chrome-Mirror-Adhesive-Sticker/dp/B01E3K3W66

I think it's ok, can't see it up close but I like the contrast with the black radiator. I've been adding shiny stuff wherever I get a chance.

Yours would look good with one of the chrome coolant tank covers, they're in the sell/swap section.
Tires look good too, I've used those pens, it's not hard to do. Some letters don't look very good in white, too many letters or just the wrong font.

That model Mustang seat looks like it might work for me. Must be a rare one. I couldn't use the other style.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Similar to your link. Search on Amazon for chrome tape and you will find it. Comes 2" wide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts