Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Im a little dissapointed with this place.

I orderd about a 100 bucks worth of stuff from them and they charged me the full price. Now i just got an email from them saying they will be shipping only half of my order due to lack of stock.

Now i wonder do they have any inventory control at all? If they were low or out of stock would not the system prevent me from ordering the product? Why did the web site not say out of stock on the item.

I will call them and let every one know:smiley_th

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered a part which showed available on the website about a month ago. They immediately charged my credit card and then sent me an email that it would be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer who is in EUROPE!!!!! They should advise not in stock or delayed shipping up front and let the buyer decide if he wants to deal with it. At the very least they should not charge your card until product has been shipped. Just my opinion. BTW, I still don't have my part.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
I've met these people. Scumbags!!! They don't even ride. A group of young kids from Sweeden (or somewhere around there) with absolutly no business sense who cannot pay their bills on time and keep getting evicted from the warehouses they do business at. They run shop around the Wheeling, IL area and are always on the move. Good luck visiting their actual store, Chad tried to do that and they met him in a Wendy's parking lot (if memory serves correct). Just in it to make a buck and with very little morals...

Sorry, not for me - I don't deal with scumbags...

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
They never met me, I tried but they would not return my call but did take my money. I contacted paypal and got my money back.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
They never met me, I tried but they would not return my call but did take my money. I contacted paypal and got my money back.
I stand corrected. See... Bloody scumbags!!!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
EDIT: Let's see what's what with this and try to get it straightened out.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
I've met these people. Scumbags!!! They don't even ride. A group of young kids from Sweeden (or somewhere around there) with absolutly no business sense who cannot pay their bills on time and keep getting evicted from the warehouses they do business at. They run shop around the Wheeling, IL area and are always on the move. Good luck visiting their actual store, Chad tried to do that and they met him in a Wendy's parking lot (if memory serves correct). Just in it to make a buck and with very little morals...

Sorry, not for me - I don't deal with scumbags...
Guys... sorry to hear. but they are actually from Wheeling, IL not Sweden. i know the guy personnaly. their warehouse is there for some time (2 years - this is as much as i personnaly aware of). i worked with them on a small project to help maintain their website and the database behind the site. i guess that my experience cannot be seen as average one but i did not had any problems with them.

Buldog, i'm not trying to defend him and if you don't trust them i'm not going to try and convince you to do business with them (or change your mind on their trustworthiness). but if you want PM me any info and i can try to help you resolve the poblem/dispute.

CCspinner, the prog springs we got were from these guys. although in that case it was obviously proccessed not through the usual channels...

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
Guys... sorry to hear. but they are actually from Wheeling, IL not Sweden. i know the guy personnaly. their warehouse is there for some time (2 years - this is as much as i personnaly aware of). i worked with them on a small project to help maintain their website and the database behind the site. i guess that my experience cannot be seen as average one but i did not had any problems with them.
The ones I met at the bikeshow three or four years ago were Sweedes and dirty at that. I've never heard anyone having a good experience with them and trust them as far as I can throw them, which is not far. Either the douchbags I met were employees who spoke higher of themselves or I misjudged what country they are from, but still douchbags all the same.

They will never get any business from me and will not get a kind word as they have farked over too many people I know, both locally and at large.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,

The reason we are posting here - Tankist pointed this thread out to us out of concern for our reputation on this forum. I think there is some slight confusion as to which company we are talking about here!

I hope you guys give me a chance to work everything out and not jump down my throat for posting here! The problem with the internet vs phone or face to face contact is that sometimes it ends up being like broken telephone. Let me address some of the issues. I assure you that most of out customers are very happy and we have been in business for 5 years.

1) We are not Swedish nor have we ever been! We never have employed any Swedish individual nor do we have anything against the Swedes. I hear they are great especially if you ever need to stash away any money.

2) We simply do not charge credit cards until the order is shipped. If the order is partially shipped we only charge for the part that was shipped. The only time that is not the case is with Paypal. Paypal simply does not give us that option. We are currently working on establishing Google check out and that might address the issue. If something else happened please let us know because it could be a problem with the credit processor.

3) We are a small “Mom and Pop” shop. We are not a faceless corporation like Wal-Mart. We always pay our bills and have credit terms with all distributors. We could not do business otherwise.

4) We do drop ship some items as do all ecommerce stores. Most of our stock comes from local distributors and we get it the day after you place the order. However some brands like Highway Hawk, Mapam, Granucci, etc, come from Europe and their US distribution channels are poor. Sometime we have no choice but to drop ship from Europe, and customer service there is very poor.

5) Not sure why this matters but we most certainly do ride. I have been a rider for about 10 years and owned about 7 bikes in that time. Currently I have a 2004 Busa. Denis is also a rider, he currently has a 2006 Busa LE, and a very trick shadow 750. We are also into quads and dirt bikes. Denis knows absolutely everything about cruisers and I can answer any sport bike question. We deal with motorcycles because we love to ride, love to work on them, and love everything about them.

I’m not sure why Bulldog is attacking us on a personal level – as I can tell by him comments, I don’t think we are the company that bulldog dealt with in the first place, but we are more then willing to win over any customer experience you had before with us or anyone else for that matter. You might have dealt with CAO at the show.

It would be great to meet you guys in person, show you guys our warehouse, store front and bikes. Feel free to PM me, post up any concerns here, or call me directly at 847-561-9275. That’s my cell phone. We also now have a small size shop and mount/balance tires.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
I’m not sure why Bulldog is attacking us on a personal level – as I can tell by him comments, I don’t think we are the company that bulldog dealt with in the first place, but we are more then willing to win over any customer experience you had before with us or anyone else for that matter. You might have dealt with CAO at the show.
I had dealings with a group of foreign kids (we all thought Sweeden) at the motorcycle show in Rosemont three or four years ago. A few slick young men and a few hotties working the cash register with nice outfits. They acted like the company was theirs and they gave out your business cards, sold product at the show and took orders and never delivered product. I was thinking of buying a bunch of VN750 stuff for people on the VN750 YG. A friend from another forum who was with us ordered some cheap little HH part and he never received it. They had a buttload of Highway Hawk product at the show. They gave a store address in Arlington Heights. They even offered our ABATE chapter a bunch of door prizes for an event and we were never able to get ahold of them to make contact. We even went looking for the "store" and found only a warehouse with no info on the door and no storefront. At the time, their website looked different then your current one but had the same logo and name. I'll see if I can find the card in my pile of cards.

If you had vendors representating you and trashing you, then I'm sorry. But so far, in the past - every instance that I've heard the name "chromeandleatherplus" has been negative. I know a lot of people and not a single one of them has ever told me that they have been your store.
So, forgive me for having a bad taste in my mouth on this one. Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm right. So far, I don't see the error in my judgement. But if I am wrong, then I will apoligise. So far, I don't see the need.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Well, if this is the case then, I can't say I'll never deal with you guys.
Hope we can get things straightened out here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm betting you met a bunch of guys from CAO. We used to be very close with them and they are still our distributer but we no longer share retail space, the reason being what you describe plus they got rid of the hot girls :). Anyway, my feelings are not hurt and you certainly don't own me an apology for anything. I have been a disgruntled customer my self many times. However if ever want to stop by and talk shop or check us out in person you are more then welcome. Just give me a heads up and I will meet you there. I'm usually there evening and weekends. Someone is always there 9-5 minus a lunch fiesta from 12-1.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
I'm betting you met a bunch of guys from CAO. We used to be very close with them and they are still our distributer but we no longer share retail space, the reason being what you describe plus they got rid of the hot girls :). Anyway, my feelings are not hurt and you certainly don't own me an apology for anything. I have been a disgruntled customer my self many times. However if ever want to stop by and talk shop or check us out in person you are more then welcome. Just give me a heads up and I will meet you there. I'm usually there evening and weekends. Someone is always there 9-5 minus a lunch fiesta from 12-1.
If that is the case, then I will issue you a personal apoligy. When the weather breaks and we can ride, maybe Chad and I will come down on a Saturday and visit the shop. Just promise not to break our legs :boxing: or anything. If your shop is what you claim and we leqve with a good feeling about everything, then we will sing your praises for everyone to hear. Let's see...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds good! I'm just worried that the weather will never break. Usually we at least do Daytona bike week to get a quick fix but not this year. We are a 100% leg break free shop. :beerchug: I appreciate you guys giving me a chance to show our side. By the way the offer to check us out is open to everyone. As for rides my favorite is to Players Club. Talk about girls! and the food is not bad either.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Cycle accessory outlet sounds like the place I delt with. There web sight looked like yours, just a different color right.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cycle accessory outlet sounds like the place I delt with. There web sight looked like yours, just a different color right.
Yeh CAO (Cycle Accessory Outlet) is the place you are talking about. And I'm not going to make promises on their behalf but they are under new ownership and are doing much better too. Our store uses the same templates as theirs.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Sorry about what was said, It was not you I do apologise.

Stay Away fromCycle Accessory Outlet!!!
They took my money with no shipment, and would not return calls or Emails

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry about what was said, It was not you I do apologise.

Stay Away fromCycle Accessory Outlet!!!
They took my money with no shipment, and would not return calls or Emails
No worries. And I double checked. They no longer sell directly to consumers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts