Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of the VN750's come with chrome triple trees or are they all cast aluminum finish? I am looking for chrome ones if they are available.

I'm not a big fanatic of chrome, but all this polished aluminum on my VN700 is stained-dirty-spotted and I am tired of cleaning/buffing it--it's not getting any better looking. Before any one tries telling me a miracle cure to clean it, forget it; I have already been buying chrome replacements-- I'm too far invested in it now to keep the aluminum stuff. I am selling the aluminum stuff as I replace it.

·
Once Banned
2,125 Posts
No chrome that I know of. Clean it, then WAX it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually got a majority of the rust off the cast triple trees, using steel wool and a brass brush with PB Blaster. A little more scrubbing and they will look like new. I have a chrome handle bar clamp on the way, that's why I was wondering about the triple tree.

·
Registered
699 Posts
have you looked into the cost of taking them and having them chromed?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, but I was thinking of getting them powder coated to match the paint job. I haven't decided on a color yet, I narrowed it to two. I like the old brilliant/electric metallic blue of the 95-2000 Dodge Ram trucks, or metallic black (like I painted my old VN700) but I think it was too much black.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
i would suggest chroming them, just make sure you sand them smooth thought...

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Whether you powdercoat, chrome or even just paint them, watch out ya don't get too much of either in the forktube openings. Otherwise ya may have a tough time getting the forks back in there !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts