Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang. Just took off my chrome side covers. I'm not into chrome but I'd like to have a spare set to experiment with. Anyone want to trade for their covers? Any color will do, I just would prefer them not to have badges I have to take off.

Want to cover a set in leather and see how that looks. Seems silly to do that to my chrome ones if anyone wants them. If not... I will!

·
Registered
668 Posts
i am very tempted, are these plastic covered with chrome or chrome chrome ;)?

does my question sounds dumb :(

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
They are just like the other covers- plastic. Then "plastichromed" however they do that. Not real chrome, no. They were the stock sidecovers for several years on the VN750. Somewhere I saw a chart that said what color schemes and sidecovers were for what years...

I called them Chrome because that's what I've always seen them referred to as, but they are not really chrome. They are plastic.

·
Registered
950 Posts
if Letitflight dont I will. I have some with no logos. I started to paint them. They are that primer green right now. How good of shape are those?

·
On His Lady Vulcan
1,647 Posts
DAMN!!! Just missed it. I have three sets, 2 without decals and 1 with. I want them as well.....NEXT LOL

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think mine are in real good shape. Never been off the bike, never been down, etc. I can take closer pics tonight. The primered ones would be perfect for me, actually!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I need the left side...

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Prolly making a deal with Jace. I'll let everyone know if that doesn't work out. Just took more pics of them over lunch. They are in immaculate condition, IMO. Been on the bike since 1991. For the last 10 years the bike has been in my garage. Overall the bike has like 13,700 miles on it. So they really haven't even been out in the sun. No scratches, they are super shiny. Only one small chip out about 3/8" long and 1/8" wide near the bottom mount on one side. Won't be visible when mounted I don't think.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157604244557615/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts