Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to trade my chrome side covers for a set of red to match my bike. the chrome ones are in good shape other than paint wearing off the letters. my bike has the red silver gas tank. 2003 model. pic in next reply.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here is a pic of mine with the chrome side covers. i just like the stock covers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Man you know what would look sweet IMHO? If you took the emblems off of those and cleaned them up carefully to remove any glue. Then you sprayed them with duplicolor metalcast red. They would come out looking red anodized and look slick. You could do the coolant bottle cover too...and the swing arm caps.

·
knees in the breeze!!!
498 Posts
thats what i did too was to trade my chrome ones for colored, that way we dont make the chrome covers exstinct. hate to paint over chrome is someone wants a set

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think they look ok but i like the original color better like in the stock pics of the bike.

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
They're not that hard to paint. I took the emblems off mine sanded them with 600 grit paper, xim primer (that sheit sticks to anything...) And put the finish on. I used acetone to remove glue residue.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still looking for red side covers to trade for chrome. don't want to paint them just trade. this will keep chrome covers in the 750 circle lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts