Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating a little project for my bike next winter plus a buddy of mine needs his bumpers plated for his 67 Failcon,and was wanting to know if any body knows a reputable plating company preferably on the east side of the Mississippi River to keep shipping costs down,I used to use browns plating in Paducah KY,but i can't find out if they are even in business now,thanks

·
Registered
748 Posts
I am contemplating a little project for my bike next winter plus a buddy of mine needs his bumpers plated for his 67 Failcon,and was wanting to know if any body knows a reputable plating company preferably on the east side of the Mississippi River to keep shipping costs down,I used to use browns plating in Paducah KY,but i can't find out if they are even in business now,thanks
Here ya go, bud: http://brownsplating.com/chrome_direct.php

My brother and I are Falcon freaks from way back. My first one was a '62 4-door, his was a '61 2-door; he's still got his. He's also got two '60 2-door wagons, and a '63 Sprint, one that turns out to be one of 1000 made with the pony-style interior as an experiment, the interior that came out in full production in the '64 1/2 Mustang. Ford, at first, said they didn't make it, but we've seen two others. My second one was a '61 2-door, and I later had a '65 Futura that originally came with a 289. I dropped a punched out 429 in it--for about a week. No matter how much junk I stuffed in the trunk, that thing would swap ends at the slightest provocation. I dropped a 289 back in it, with a Borg-Warner T10-B1 baby rockcrusher 4-speed. Still got the tranny; needs nearly impossible to find synchronizers.

Just 3 days ago I passed a '66 Falcon Ranchero, 289, unrestored, and in really good condition; that year is a one-of-a-kind, with Falcon front end and Fairlane rear styling, on a shortened Fairlane chassis. '67 Ranchero was all Fairlane. Even more rare than the '66 Ranchero is the last Falcon, the 70 1/2. Torino styling on Fairlane/Torino chassis, and available with a 250-6 all the way to a 429CJ.

Hokay, 'nuff o' that; back to lurkin'...

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
So, isn't it expensive to get a piece chromed, or rechromed? My lightbar broke on my bike, and I had a local shop weld it up. Now I either have to have it rechromed, or paint it. I'd prefer chrome, but I'm afraid it will be to rich for my pocketbook.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here ya go, bud: http://brownsplating.com/chrome_direct.php

My brother and I are Falcon freaks from way back. My first one was a '62 4-door, his was a '61 2-door; he's still got his. He's also got two '60 2-door wagons, and a '63 Sprint, one that turns out to be one of 1000 made with the pony-style interior as an experiment, the interior that came out in full production in the '64 1/2 Mustang. Ford, at first, said they didn't make it, but we've seen two others. My second one was a '61 2-door, and I later had a '65 Futura that originally came with a 289. I dropped a punched out 429 in it--for about a week. No matter how much junk I stuffed in the trunk, that thing would swap ends at the slightest provocation. I dropped a 289 back in it, with a Borg-Warner T10-B1 baby rockcrusher 4-speed. Still got the tranny; needs nearly impossible to find synchronizers.

Just 3 days ago I passed a '66 Falcon Ranchero, 289, unrestored, and in really good condition; that year is a one-of-a-kind, with Falcon front end and Fairlane rear styling, on a shortened Fairlane chassis. '67 Ranchero was all Fairlane. Even more rare than the '66 Ranchero is the last Falcon, the 70 1/2. Torino styling on Fairlane/Torino chassis, and available with a 250-6 all the way to a 429CJ.

Hokay, 'nuff o' that; back to lurkin'...
we just dropped a stroked 351W with a c4 in his ,It came with a stock six holer 3peed, we are having trouble deciding what to do with the exhaust the crossmember is directly in the way of the headers,can't even get the collectors on .may have to go with shorty block huggers . maybe a mustang c member from a 289 car?

And thanks for the link to browns that helps a lot!

·
Registered
555 Posts
ever think about having a bike completely chrome?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
748 Posts
we just dropped a stroked 351W with a c4 in his ,It came with a stock six holer 3peed, we are having trouble deciding what to do with the exhaust the crossmember is directly in the way of the headers,can't even get the collectors on .may have to go with shorty block huggers . maybe a mustang c member from a 289 car?

And thanks for the link to browns that helps a lot!
Yer welcome... Maybe a x-member out of a small block Fairlane or Torino, '67-'69?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts