Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my 2 VN750s a couple weeks back and so I'm cleaning out the garage. Will be posting a few things over the next week or so.

Luggage rack up for grabs on eBay! Chrome is in excellent shape. Fits all Vulcan 750/700s 1985-2006. I'm including new stainless steel installation hardware as well.

Let me know if ya have any questions!

It's a No Reserve auction starting at $0.01, so bid to win!

The eBay Listing

*BONUS* For VN750.com members - If you win the auction let me know you're a member here and shipping is FREE

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
well been out bid dont think i ll get it for 15 bucks lol

·
Registered
121 Posts
That is about my limit

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, these suckers are getting harder to find. Wish I had 20 more, less than a month without a bike, I'm already eying Craigslist for Meanstreaks.

'Course, $1000 this week to keep my truck on the road ain't helping!

Sigh... gonna be a while.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Yeah, these suckers are getting harder to find. Wish I had 20 more, less than a month without a bike, I'm already eying Craigslist for Meanstreaks.

'Course, $1000 this week to keep my truck on the road ain't helping!

Sigh... gonna be a while.
I feel your pain on the truck Matt, mine bit me for around 300 this week too and I did the labor, started out to change the tps. While I was looking around in there I found the fan clutch wobbling and the idler pulley on the main belt about to lock up. The AC quit about a week ago so I found the tensioner for it locked completely up and the belt broken.Add in an oil change and I was up near 3 bills. I also found the coolant leak,it's had since it has been a truck that wasn't visible till I took off the shroud. It is a small leak around the water pump gasket. So I get to fix that before long as well ,gonna replace the water pump as well when I dig it out of there. I believe my EGR needs taken off and cleaned too but those bolts look mighty rusty. That may be a bad can of worms to open.

Still beats having a truck payment every month:)

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I understand you sold your luggage rack... Do you recall where you got it ?
Do you realize that you responded to a posting from 2012? Don't feel bad because several others did the same after you. I would guess he sold that rack and fixed his truck by now.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Do you realize that you responded to a posting from 2012? Don't feel bad because several others did the same after you. I would guess he sold that rack and fixed his truck by now.
I had been watching the dates on most of the posts ,this one evaded me. I do hope his truck is fixed by now. I certainly hope I manage to finish the repairs on mine before two years is up. :)

Really though,what's up with people resurrecting these two and three year old posts lately ? Seems like I have seen several lately.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I had been watching the dates on most of the posts ,this one evaded me. I do hope his truck is fixed by now. I certainly hope I manage to finish the repairs on mine before two years is up. :)

Really though,what's up with people resurrecting these two and three year old posts lately ? Seems like I have seen several lately.
What I have noticed is that usually the first response to an outdated posting is done by a very new member and then more experienced (please note the deliberate evasion of the word "older" lol) members continue on the back of the newbie's posting similar to what you just did. The date they see is current as many do not look back far enough. No problem as I see it unless the newbie is really waiting for an answer that never comes. Good luck with your repairs.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
If I don't recognize the post and it's a few pages long I check out the dates.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
200% senile
164 Posts
Either way it worked out great. Spockster posted a link to one for sale at a good price, and now it's sold.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts