Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received the chrome front fender I got off of E-Bay.
Does anyone know what years it was used on. Just curious.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Got a pic? The only chrome fenders I can think of were those on the Yamahas back in the 70s and 80s. They may well fit our bikes, but I don't rem seeing any as OEMs.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
European and other overseas models had chrome fenders. Their run of the VN750s were a lot shorter than ours so I'd say pre-2000.

·
Growling at the World...
564 Posts
The seller says 1992. It is very clean.
I'll get a pic when I can.
Thanks

That sounds about right. I saw a VN750 in Canada with a chrome front fender and it got me thinking...

It has been said that the chrome front fender from a KZ454LTD will bolt up to our bike perfect, which makes sense seeing that the two models have a lot of common parts.

·
Registered
748 Posts
That sounds about right. I saw a VN750 in Canada with a chrome front fender and it got me thinking...

It has been said that the chrome front fender from a KZ454LTD will bolt up to our bike perfect, which makes sense seeing that the two models have a lot of common parts.
Damn; another thing I keep forgetting to check when I go to the salvage yard... They've got both there.

The chrome fenders (front and rear), chrome front pegs, and chrome kickstand were either options or accessories in '91 and '92 in the U.S.; I've seen one '92 and two '91s with the whole chrome thing going. One of the '91s was being ridden by the original owner; he said he bought it off the showroom floor that way. He did not know if the bike was ordered by the dealership that way, or if they put the stuff on themselves. I've since lost his name and other info, but I remember that much clearly.

I know where a '91 is right now that has it all, and a grenaded stator and engine case to boot, and no, the guy won't sell it; believe me, I've tried! :(

Jim

·
Registered
185 Posts
The VN500 had chrome front fender.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
My old GS550L (suzuki) had a chrome front fender... also took the same front tire...

·
Registered
748 Posts
A lot of the bikes in the '70s and '80s had chrome front fenders. Seems that started going out of style for most in the late '80s, early '90s.

The mid-'70s Kaw Z1/KZ900 front fender will fit with minor modification on the VN750, but only with the stock size front tire; won't work with the 110/90-19.

Jim

·
Registered
748 Posts
The VN500 had chrome front fender.
Actually, it's EN500 (yeah, I know, I'm nitpickin'! :)), but yeah, the Vulcan 500 had a chrome front fender for several years. Then again, it's the same bike as the 454LTD(EN450/454), with a bigger engine.

Jim

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know this is a little off the subject, but I've often thought that the VN750 would look sharp with the rear fender from the 454LTD. Has anyone ever attempted to do this?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a 2000 VN 750 and last year i put a chrome front fender on the front. Really brightened up the front end with wingerline engine guard and chrome radiator cover. I too also like the look of the 454LTD rear fender. It has that kind of bobbed looked for the bike. I am hoping I can find one in chrome also. If I do find one, I plan on painting the tank matted black. Should be one unique look for my ride. I think finding a chrome rear fender is on the order of finding a complete touring package for the 750, but my bike isn't going anywhere, so I have time to wait.

ride safe, John

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I actually was toying with the idea of chroming my front and rear fenders, plus the gas tank a couple of years ago. I had found some chromers in Texas that would have done all three for around $650.00 plus shipping but decided against it as I couldn't get my sending unit off the bottom of the tank and didn't want to ruin it in the chroming process............

Stevie D.
Chicago

1 - 13 of 13 Posts