Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my 2 VN750s a couple weeks back and so I'm cleaning out the garage. Will be posting a few things over the next week or so.

Engine Guard / Crash Bar up on eBay. Very good condition. Has a scratch indicated in the pic - pretty hard to see.

Let me know if ya have any questions!

It's a No Reserve auction starting at $0.01, so bid to win!

The eBay Listing

*BONUS* For VN750.com members - If you win the auction let me know you're a member here and shipping is FREE

·
Skankin' Vulcan
64 Posts
Smart move letting us know about it on here. We're already fighting for it and there's almost a week left!

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey guys, I've had a couple questions about mounting hardware to go with the engine guard. I know you need longer bolts, but can't seem to find the exact specs on them?

Haha, without a bike I can't just take the old one into the hardware store to match!

I'd like to be able to include them for the next owner if I can!

·
Member? ... check.
515 Posts
The upper mounting bolts to the frame are 8-1.25 x 65mm Hex Head bolts (x2), with 5/16" SAE flatwashers (x2). I recommend 70mm.

The lower mounting bolts are 10-1.25 x 35mm Hex Head bolts (x4), with 3/8" SAE flatwashers (x4), and 7/16 x 3/4 x 1/4" spacers (x2). For each spacer, I used two stacked 10mm split lockwashers. Worked fine.

These parts can all be found in stainless either at Lowe's in specialty bolts or at the Grainger on-line catalog.

~~C8>

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The upper mounting bolts to the frame are 8-1.25 x 65mm Hex Head bolts (x2), with 5/16" SAE flatwashers (x2). I recommend 70mm.

The lower mounting bolts are 10-1.25 x 35mm Hex Head bolts (x4), with 3/8" SAE flatwashers (x4), and 7/16 x 3/4 x 1/4" spacers (x2). For each spacer, I used two stacked 10mm split lockwashers. Worked fine.

These parts can all be found in stainless either at Lowe's in specialty bolts or at the Grainger on-line catalog.

~~C8>
That's awesome! Exactly what I needed!

Upon further digging, I was also able to track down a few pics of the original install instructions in these threads.

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17769

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3623

(in case anyone else finds themselves in need of such info)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts