Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance that anyone out there has one of the chrome cups that covers the outside of the speedometer? It's one of the last pieces that I need.
Thanks

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Hey Goofy, just so ya know.. its not just on the web... a lot of CC machines have been hacked at local stores. I just got hit at my local Safeway. Luckily my bank knows I hardly ever spend more than 200 bucks a week, so when three charges hit in one day totaling 500 bucks they were concerned and gave me a call to verify the transactions.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I caught hell from an expert here for mentioning the partzilla cc deal. He claimed it didn't happen since he didn't know about it.

One of my debit cards got hacked a couple of weeks ago. People can carry a device in their pocket and get your info just by brushing by you close. Give a card to a waitress to pay your bill and she can have the device on her, on her way to the register, she swipes it for her uses too.

Some are wrapping their cards in foil or buying the aluminum cases for them.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I caught hell from an expert here for mentioning the partzilla cc deal. He claimed it didn't happen since he didn't know about it.

One of my debit cards got hacked a couple of weeks ago. People can carry a device in their pocket and get your info just by brushing by you close. Give a card to a waitress to pay your bill and she can have the device on her, on her way to the register, she swipes it for her uses too.

Some are wrapping their cards in foil or buying the aluminum cases for them.
I believe it is the new cards with a digital chip embedded that are vulnerable to being scanned like that.

I have not had any problem with my info being stolen so far.
The aluminum shielded wallets sound like a good idea, if they work.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Not sure how new the card would have to be, I know the pocket scan was going on as far back as six years ago. RFID chips have been in cards quite a while, and they like making you get a new one fairly often.

For sure, I'll be a lot more picky about handling the cards.

Several years back, someone opened a credit card and packages started showing up. I returned most of them, the ones that were accepted by the sender, but the credit card company only wanted to blame me, with no help from them. I did some snooping on my own and came up with some interesting names and locations, but that's as far as I got.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts