Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have or know if they make chrome covers for the handlebar controls for the 04 vn750?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I wish! I wonder if the chrome controls from some other bike would work?

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
If you find out, let me know. I asked this same question a month or two ago.

·
Registered
722 Posts
With the advances in Chrome plating (they can chrome a nerf football and still have it flexible) you could send yours out to have them plated.

·
Registered
135 Posts
With the advances in Chrome plating (they can chrome a nerf football and still have it flexible) you could send yours out to have them plated.[/QUOTE

I looked into that. It's a little pricey,(about $120.00 for all 4 pieces) but I'm sure it would look awesome.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Does anyone know the handlebar size and the master cylinder bore? Type of cable conection?(what it's called)

I'm looking at aftermarket controls, and it looks like you need to know this stuff.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Handlebar size is 7/8". The master cylinder uses a 23mm long "oil bolt"--I call 'em banjo bolts--but I'm not sure of the diameter. I have no idea what the cable connection is called...

Jim

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
If memory is working....the control "boxes" on each bar are aluminum. But painted black. This means you could remove the paint and polish them.

Not met anyone who has, but it is possible.

The controls on the 800 are polished BTW. I had thought of replacing all the black handlebar stuff with Vulcan 800 parts as they area all not black...but OEM prices are way to high.

KM

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i think i`m going to try and remove the paint for and polish them will let you know hoaw it comes out thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone polished the stock controls off at this point.
I'm excited to see if its possible, how the finished product looks and how labor intensive it is?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kuryakyn makes some chrome covers for $70.00, part number 9112, listed that it fits "All Vulcan."

I'd think I'd want to get custom chrome master cylinder and mirror mounts as othewise it may not look as good.

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
The Ron Ayers site now has a reverse part number search where you punch in a part # and it tells you what bikes that part will also fit. You could do that and check to see if the aftermarket companies make them for the "other" bikes that come up.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
46091-1372 and 46091-1514 are the pn's I found for the controls. The reverse part lookup only shows the vn750 (all years) for fitment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts