Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this ad in Popular Mechanics and checked it out at www.alsacorp.com
It`s a two or three part system in spray cans. If it works as good in the real world as it does on the demo, this might be something I would try. Just curious if anybody out there has seen or tried this product and if you recommend it. :rockon: OlHoss :rockon:

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
OH, the mystic paint is good stuff so I wouls assume the other products also are. I wouls suspect that the abrasion resistance won't be the best used in the right places this could work.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OH, the mystic paint is good stuff so I wouls assume the other products also are. I wouls suspect that the abrasion resistance won't be the best used in the right places this could work.
So what did you paint with the mystic paint?

Also two questions about the mods listed for your scoot. #1. What brand are your self cancelling signal lights? I read a thread somewhere about one guy who went through two in one year made by Kisan and has now switched to something else not specified.Do you have any recommendations?

#2. Your 130 db horn-- Is it a stebel nautilis air horn? If so would you recommend it to me? As far as I am concerned, the only ones who can hear a stock horn are the rider and dogs. :rockon: OlHoss

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chromlack (chrome varnishes) Infos

After checking several chrome varnishes (Chromlack), I've build up a private website for that toppic.
If you need some more informations about chromlack (chrome varnishes) you can sent me a email or a pn and I wll do my very best.
greetings from Germany
Guenni

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
After checking several chrome varnishes (Chromlack), I've build up a private website for that toppic.
If you need some more informations about chromlack (chrome varnishes) you can sent me a email or a pn and I wll do my very best.
greetings from Germany
Guenni
Just curious, are you a vn rider???

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I am. I bought my first bike in May, a `91 VN 750, with about 12k miles and straight stock except that it has a windshield. It had always been kept in a garage and never been laid down, there was barely a scratch on it. I only had it for about 6 weeks when I got too close to the guardrail on a 3/4 loop exit ramp and dragged my leg against it for 50 feet and ended up in the ditch. My leg was broken and my shoulders are still kind of stiff from taking most of the force of the landing with my hands and arms. Other than that only a few minor scratches and bruises. The bike came out with only minor damage. The fork tubes are twisted a bit in the triple tree clamps but my friend rode it home for me and thinks it will straighten out by loosening the clamps and giving it a little twist back. One of the windshield angle brackets is bent some, but can be bent back to a 90 degree corner with a little heat and some persuasion over the edge of a vice or bench.

Kind of ironic, I`ve had a m/c licence for 41 years, then 41 days after I get my first bike I have a wreck! My experience is really long but very thin. I rode 100 cc bikes of cousins and friends out on the farm as a kid, and used my brothers 650 Honda for a few weeks about 30 years ago while fixing my car. Other than that I can count on my fingers the number of times I`ve been on a bike. I also took the riders course just after I got the bike.
I did not start into the exit too fast, but decided to go a bit wider and deeper so that I would approach the apex later and have a straighter line into the exit. Then everything seemed to happen at once and because of inexperience I did not react instinctively but had to think about my next move. A small push on the right bar would have saved me but I think my mind or reflexes resisted and turned right which straightened me up and left into the railing. I also think that I forgot to look into the corner where I wanted to go and fixated on the rail instead. A rookie mistake with nobody else to blame. So I still can`t put any weight on the leg and it will be next spring before I can ride again, but I am looking forward to it and not feeling spooked.

I`m thankful that I got chaps and boots before the bike and that I was wearing them along with a leather jacket( not m/c weight though) and helmet. The rail wore two holes through the chaps and my injuries would have been much worse without them I`m covinced. All summer I`ve sat with my leg up by the living room window and turning to look every time I heard a m/c engine winding up. Most of the guys on cruisers were wearing at least some protective clothing, but more often than not the sportbike riders were in shorts, tee shirts and tennis shoes. They are young and feel ten feet tall and bullet proof I guess. Sorry for the long answer to a short question. Hope you have had a good summer for riding.:rockon:OlHoss:rockon:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the previos post Niterider. I just read your post again and realized your question was for chromlack.:doh:Another rookie mistake. OlHoss

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for sharing the info....but I think niterider was asking that question to Chromlack...whose post seems a bit suspisous...
Thanks. See above.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
OlHoss,

At least you were able to hobble away from the wreck. Glad you didn't have any worse happen to you. Heal up and get ready for next riding season.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
I am sorry for your bad experience. Glad that you made rather okay.
But I had noticed that it is chromelack's first post and it looked more like a sales pitch than a friendly comment.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
OHC, I am the one that had problems with Kissan. I now have a self canx flasher from signal dynamics. I had to do some rewiring as it was designed for signals with turn buttons on each bar.
I don't remember what brand my horns are but if you search my posts I listed them by brand when I first got them. Also check your previous post for the signals, I left you a link in my reply.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
After a little research this is not the original Mystic paint used by Ford on their SVT mustang in 04. Mystic is a prismatic color shifting paint and according to a friend (body shop owner) of mine complete repaint is required for good match up. This appears to be a mimick paint to the original Dupont development.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts