Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Extending the forks doesn't really make it a chopper, taller front end yes, chopper no. If you want a "chopper" you will need to rake the front end by cutting off the fork tube cut, or add extra metal to desired angle re-weld fork tube back on. Or you can get a kit , http://www.chopper-kit-usa.com/kawasaki-OTHER_models.htm. this isn't a rake , the fork tube holes on the trees are machined at a different angle. Hope you have $, they're about $2000. I though about raking mine, its a lot cheaper, and you can say "yeah, I did that" however I will be going with the AME chopper kit that way if I want to put it back to the stock look ,I can. They also sell extended tubes if you wanna just raise the front.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know its not a real rake job. Actually just want it to sit about 2 inches higher for preference. Dont want to mess with lowering the rear. So this ame sells extended fork tubes. I will check it out. Thanks

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Yeah I know its not a real rake job.

Ok, I guess I just wasn't sure since you had "chopper forks" in the title. You can make your own if your going to just paint them, if you want them Chrome most likely to just buy them.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Cold drawn seamless tubing

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Any pics of your bike sonta, how many degrees over stock did you rake? I believe stock is 32 degrees.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
Most people could not/would not make it from my garage to the street. Foot clutch, jockey shift and spool frt wheel. If you know what any of that is.
Yeah I understand what your talking about.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have ridden raked bikes before personally dont thinks its that bad as long as you dont go to the extreme. I was thinking 2 or 4 inch. I know it wont handle as good but hey these bikes are cruisers. I am not about to take it through the mountains at 80. Different hiies fir different environments. Guess that's why I have multiple bikes. Ifeel like the tripple tree style would be the worst considering it would cause more odd a swinging of the wheel rather then a direct pivot

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
When I put the sportster shocks on mine it dropped the rear end a good bit. this would do the same thing you're talking about by making the front taller. Either way, it does make a big difference in the way it handles. I ended up lowering the front an inch to get some of it back.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts