Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can move the choke to fully open using the tab on the handlebars. As I ride, it moves towards the closed position (about 1/16" or slightly more). Will it do any harm to block it open? (probably some sort of metal clamp mounted on the engine) I'm on a trip right now and will probably just "endure" the fuel inefficiency until I get home. Don't want to screw up things while on the road. Is this a common problem on 750's?

P.S. I tried putting a small bunge cord on the handlebar clamp, but it still moves.

P.S.S. Moderator - sorry for putting this in wrong category. did not see in time. pls move.

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Won't hurt to block it open, except for cold starts.

Not sure why it would be so loose. Not enough friction where it rotates on the bar, but why? Is the cable actually moving at the carbs when the lever moves on it's own? I think the cable can pop in/out if the sleeve beside the handgrip, not sure.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced clutch lever just before leaving on my trip. May have changed the position (tension) of choke cable unknowingly by rotating the grip assembly (unknowingly). Will take a close look this AM before riding. Probably best not to try to "fix" it till I get home. Tks for the reply. :smile2:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
maybe your bike is into S&M and likes to be choked

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts