Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to get my carbs off to clean them when I realized I couldn't get the choke cable off. The reason why is because when the tree fell and hit the bike it broke off the choke lever but it broke it off in the closed position so I have to diassemble the handle assembly to be able to disconnect the choke cable.

I have never done that. Can someone explain the procedure of doing this?

Thank you in advance!
Richard

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hmm... that's gonna be a tough one, I don't reckon anybody has really had their assembly disassembled. You might be better off buying a used clutch lever/choke, left hand grip assembly and swapping it unless it's not too difficult to take apart.

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
The handle is just a couple of screws. No big deal. Just a simple cable.

It's an enrichment circuit though, so by "closed" do you mean engaged liek a choke plate being closed, or do you mean the enricher is closed i.e. normal running position?

If it's not pulled/engaged, just reach in to the carbs and pull the metal L shape back to slip it out of its retainer bracket. Then the ferrule (bead) on the carb side slides right out. Easy peasy. Push and pull cables are easier to do once the carbs are hanging out of the bike though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts