Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Blake W.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1991 vulcan 750. Where does the choke cable connect to the carbs at? My first bike so gonna have alot of questions....lol Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
796 Posts
It connects to the lever on the left front of the carbs. You can follow the cable down to where it connects. The cable on my 01' was broke when I got it and I have yet to change it so I just use my finger to hold the choke closed to get her started.

·
Blake W.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok..... found a connection on the left front of the carb but my cable is just hanging down the left side of the bike. How does it connect? a bracket? and it looks like the lever is supposed to be pulled open to the right so why is my cable on the left of the bike?

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
I just checked my 03. The cable crosses from the left grip to the right side of the bike then goes back through between the front cylinder and the carb. The connection can be seen from the left side, directly below the petcock. Maybe if you download the clymer manual there will be a picture you can use. Good luck!

·
Blake W.
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like my cable is to short to run around the right side but I may just be running it incorrectly around the engine. Were would the bracket to hold it in place be located?

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Try looking up a picture of the carbs in the manual. It will help GREATLY. Look for a part of it that moves sideways. My choke cable goes straight from the left side into the bracket. The part that holds the outer sheathing in place is on the left side of the sideways moving part, and the part that is the actual cable (which ends in a metal cylinder) goes into a hole on the right side of the sideways moving part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts