Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

I have a decision to make and its pretty much already decided. Lulu must go. :(

With a new baby on the way and no room in my 1 bd room apt for My soon to be great with child significant other, her mother, and my self. We have found a nice 3 bd room house but dont have the deposit.

Now i dont have a clue as to how much LULU is worth now. Any one make a guess so i can put her up for sale?

If you dont know what i have done you can check out my sig for the wonderfull improvements i have made.

Now if any one on this board has a little extra cash on had may be you can have her.

Thanks in advance!

PS: growing up sucks :(

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
while you may be miserable (apardon me for the straight up answer) without the bike, by selling it you make the right choice and earn poinst from your SO as i'm sure she knows you are making big sacrifice. IMO you would be times and times more miserable keeping the bike and staying in the small appartment. you are making the right thing. and who knows there might be another motorcycle somwhere in the future.

as far as the price, the bike is worth exactly as much as you get for it. i would say 3500 + but i'm not expert apraiser at all.

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
If I only had some free cash I would get it from you now.
For a 2004 with the paint and work, early summer sell time are good.
I would guess $4500 to $5000 but I may be low.
I know it is hard to get out of a bike or car what you put in it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well lulu is on the sacramento caigs list at 5000 obo :(

Tank thanks for the kind words still GROWING UP SUCKS! :itchy-scr

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Bummer, but I'm sure she'll go to a good home in the area. And $5K seems fair- you've done a tremendous job with her.

Gotta agree with Tankist, too, that you're making a good decision. Bike's come and go, but your long-term commitment to your SO and child are MUCH more important. Hang in there -and once you have your new little one, I'm guessing Lulu will fade quite a bit in your mind. :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Wow! You barely got to enjoy Lulu after you got her all fixed up. Sorry to hear that, but I agree, life deals you a set of cards, you have to play the hand you're dealt. Sounds like you're already grown up! Be a good father, and husband and the rest will just work out for you. Good luck in selling your classic!

·
Registered
415 Posts
You are a better man for your decision. Remember don't be depressed you don't have the bike, be happy you did have her. Some days things just fall into place other times we sacrifice to bring better things about. The day will come where those sacrifices pay dividends.

You've got plenty to be proud of, and plenty of memories, no one can take those.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bummer, but I'm sure she'll go to a good home in the area. And $5K seems fair- you've done a tremendous job with her.

Gotta agree with Tankist, too, that you're making a good decision. Bike's come and go, but your long-term commitment to your SO and child are MUCH more important. Hang in there -and once you have your new little one, I'm guessing Lulu will fade quite a bit in your mind. :smiley_th
Not if i can get my SO to name the the kid Lulu!:rockon:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Its a very extreme example but last year I bought a 650 engine off a guy on ebay and he delivered it himself. He told me that a few days previously he had been to see a guy selling a motorbike. He was a young man with a young family. He had two bikes inside the house on stands and they were absolutely immaculate. He had obviously lavished limitless care and attention on these bikes, but the house was a dump - no carpet, wallpaper peeling off the walls, the children were practically in rags and the wife like a cowed dog. The children were gloomy because they weren't allowed to watch a major football game because their Dad didn't like football. Sad man - selfish, mean and emotionally stunted.
You will find that as the kids grow up you will get another chance at having a bike and you'll find the enjoyment it gives much deeper because you see it from a more mature perspective. You'll be amazed to find yourself a wise old man on a motorbike helping younger kids that you can understand better because you had a family of your own.
Let it go and it will come back.
Good luck
Simon

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
What a difficult and painful decision to make! But it sounds like you made the tough choice that makes the best sense for you and your family.

Bikes come and go. Who knows? Someday circumstances might change and you will have another machine to tend.

In the meantime, blessings on you and the family you love!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Bikes will come and bikes will go, but Family is Forever.:huddle:

It musta been a tough choice, Lurch, but it seems like the right one for the situation at hand.
Here's wishing you and yours all the best. :beerchug:

The great thing about getting older is that you don't lose all the other ages you've been.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hey Lurch,I've been there a couple times and had to make the same choice you are.But it's all worth it trust me!!!!And on this bike I've had lot's of help from my little helpers which makes this bike a lot more special then all the others!!!!!! I wish you and yours all the luck,health and happiness!!!!!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I may not have to sell the bike other finances have been made avalable possibly which is good since i have not had one call yet.

Lulu is not feeling any love

:itchy-scr

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Well I may not have to sell the bike other finances have been made avalable possibly which is good since i have not had one call yet.

Lulu is not feeling any love
We all love her! I'd buy Lulu in a heartbeat, 'cept I'd have to empty out the stable first... And then I wouldnt be able to afford the plane ticket out to SAC.

But look at it this way - if she doesn't sell, and other finances are looking viable, she was meant to stay with you. :smiley_th

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
We all love her! I'd buy Lulu in a heartbeat, 'cept I'd have to empty out the stable first... And then I wouldnt be able to afford the plane ticket out to SAC.

But look at it this way - if she doesn't sell, and other finances are looking viable, she was meant to stay with you. :smiley_th
Especially after how much hard work ya put into her...

Let me tell ya, you'll be glad to have a bike once the kid hit's the terrible 2's (going through that right now). My morning therapy (commute) is the only thing that keeps me sane.

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
Choices....

We all have to go through seasons in our lives. Sometimes the new season requires we shovel snow, rake leaves, pull weeds, etc. (insert your least liked outdoor activity here). Maturity asks that we go ahead and just do it, knowing there will be a time in the future to relax and do what we enjoy.

I think you are changing seasons right now. I also bet you find you really enjoy results from the sacrafice in the long run.

If you give your new family a portion of the attention you gave Lulu, I bet you will be a wonderful dad. (Just don't try to change the baby's stator) :doh:

Congratulations on the changes in your life. Its obvious you are someone who chooses the best (not necessarily easiest) path.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well my brush with adult hood has ended in my favor. I was able to pull enough cash and secure other money to cover the deposits and first month's rent on our new House. WHEW! :D

:motorcycl LULU IS OFF THE MARKET! :motorcycl

Now here is a quiz what goes vroom vroom POP?

Answer My new wild flare rear tire.

*&^$%#@*:mad:

Well at least i was able to find it cheeper than I got the first one but have to wait for 4 to 8 busness days for it to show up.

Thanks for all the kind words and wizdom!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OH crap! Now I feel like a worm, since I got your spare! Dang, I'm sorry!
No worrys brother. Im not a fan of putting mis matched tires on a bike. Pluss the tier is gave u is way to small for my taste. (Once you 170/80 u never want to go back) LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts