Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Right now I have hollow stock muffs with the GB in place. I’d have to see what the Sportsters sound like with the baffles in right on the headers first. I don’t think my bike is really loud the way it is now, it just sounds a little “angrier” which is good enough for me.

· Premium Member
1,748 Posts
When I do a look up for “Sportster mufflers” on eBay I see two types. Some look like they have a port near the inlet, and some don’t. What’s the right one that fits? Or will both work?

· Registered
10,830 Posts
When I do a look up for “Sportster mufflers” on eBay I see two types. Some look like they have a port near the inlet, and some don’t. What’s the right one that fits? Or will both work?
The port is for a crossover pipe, you want the ones without the port.

· Registered
10,830 Posts
Not sure if these are black, charcoal, or gunmetal.

· Premium Member
1,748 Posts
$50 is a good deal, there are a lot on eBay but not for that price

· Registered
10,830 Posts
Rare black Sportster mufflers. Got the set with all mounting hardware and heat shields for $50 on eBay about a year ago.

View attachment 55210
Do you know the length on those? For future reference. Smaller than 28"?

Had no idea those others had a cat in them.

· Registered
1,977 Posts
Got these stainless glass packs on my 1100 wing the other day. Nice sound, a bit loud for long distance riding, sporty sounds for short rides. Gonna make a slash cut baffle to tone it down a bit. I was wanting the Delkevic complete stainless system until they almost doubled in price 😞

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
412 Posts
That looks real nice. Probably to pretty for my bike right now though. Also something tells me the cost is a little out of my range for now. Still the design is pretty classy. l

· Registered
412 Posts
I looked at a lot of stainless mufflers on EBay and most of the affordable ones I found were too short and it seems as though blue tips are real popular now. Plus I didn't find anything that looks better than a Harley one. I think I will probably wait and get a couple of those when they drop into my reach. I know they are out there and I am patient.

· Premium Member
5,005 Posts

· Registered
1,977 Posts
If buying HD mufflers, watch out for length - some models have different length mufflers even if they're pulled from the same bike. The other thing to be mindful of is the inlet size. Some models have different size inlet to balance the front and rear cylinders. And, as stated earlier, don't get the muffler with a crossover pipe.

· Registered
10,830 Posts
If buying HD mufflers, watch out for length - some models have different length mufflers even if they're pulled from the same bike. The other thing to be mindful of is the inlet size. Some models have different size inlet to balance the front and rear cylinders. And, as stated earlier, don't get the muffler with a crossover pipe.
Yes, the majority on that site have been 28", for one of the Glides, etc.

Also have to look close because the dealership donating the parts will put stock parts into an aftermarket box. So the listing might say Vance & Hines or Rinehart but the parts inside are stock OEM. Happens with lights too, LED might actually be halogen.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well, it's about as done as it's gonna be for this year. We ended up fitting stainless tube over the collector box and then fixing the pipes into that. The off-set from the collector box was too much to get the ends in line if we'd gone with the swaging idea. Sound great and she runs fine.
Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive tire

21 - 40 of 51 Posts