Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,016 Posts
Definitely shopgoodwill.com , you can catch some really nice deals. I going to pick up a pair of stock HD Glide mufflers and cut them into exhaust tips for my mulletmobile, around 20 bucks.

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,016 Posts
When I do a look up for “Sportster mufflers” on eBay I see two types. Some look like they have a port near the inlet, and some don’t. What’s the right one that fits? Or will both work?
The port is for a crossover pipe, you want the ones without the port.

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,016 Posts
When I do a look up for “Sportster mufflers” on eBay I see two types. Some look like they have a port near the inlet, and some don’t. What’s the right one that fits? Or will both work?
Not sure if these are black, charcoal, or gunmetal.

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,016 Posts
Rare black Sportster mufflers. Got the set with all mounting hardware and heat shields for $50 on eBay about a year ago.

View attachment 55210
Do you know the length on those? For future reference. Smaller than 28"?

Had no idea those others had a cat in them.

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,016 Posts
If buying HD mufflers, watch out for length - some models have different length mufflers even if they're pulled from the same bike. The other thing to be mindful of is the inlet size. Some models have different size inlet to balance the front and rear cylinders. And, as stated earlier, don't get the muffler with a crossover pipe.
Yes, the majority on that site have been 28", for one of the Glides, etc.

Also have to look close because the dealership donating the parts will put stock parts into an aftermarket box. So the listing might say Vance & Hines or Rinehart but the parts inside are stock OEM. Happens with lights too, LED might actually be halogen.

· Super Moderator
2003 VN750
11,016 Posts
A whole different topic, is that an automobile tire ?
Made me look, looks like a darkside. :)

Back on page 1, post #16 in the picture. Avon Elan II HL30, it's an Avon rear mc tire.

Pipes turned out nice, John!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts