Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In my past videos, I've been complimented about the way I get the Vulcan up on the center stand. I didn't realize it was anything special until a few of you said something. Thanks. :)

So I made a Youtube video for my channel showing my process for getting the bike up and down from the center stand. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Nice. Same way I do it.

The goat belly has rubber bumpers to catch the stand when it pops up, but I know your pipes aren't stock.

Sounds like you got the wireless mic. Audio wasn't horrible before, but there's less reverb now. ;)

I'm thinking the playlist would make a good sticky post. Maybe in the General Discussion section?

Roach's video series would too.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. Same way I do it.

The goat belly has rubber bumpers to catch the stand when it pops up, but I know your pipes aren't stock.

Sounds like you got the wireless mic. Audio wasn't horrible before, but there's less reverb now. ;)

I'm thinking the playlist would make a good sticky post. Maybe in the General Discussion section?

Roach's video series would too.
I'm loving my new wireless mic. Thanks. And yes, please do if you can "sticky" the video series playlist (or is this something I do?), along with Roach's video series. I can't say I'm familiar with Roach's videos.

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
I'm loving my new wireless mic. Thanks. And yes, please do if you can "sticky" the video series playlist (or is this something I do?), along with Roach's video series. I can't say I'm familiar with Roach's videos.
You would have to make the thread, then a moderator has the option to pin it, usually a few people will suggest the pin when it's pinworthy.

Roach is his name here, he's Andrew Roth on youtube. He did a 26 part series on a complete rebuild (or darn near it) of the VN750. Pretty handy and accurate visual reference with some good tips, I'm surprised it's not already pinned, but someone needs to put it in a thread, then nominate it..

I should try to put his Youtube page in my signature, but I doubt it will fit ... limited characters.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would have to make the thread, then a moderator has the option to pin it, usually a few people will suggest the pin when it's pinworthy.

Roach is his name here, he's Andrew Roth on youtube. He did a 26 part series on a complete rebuild (or darn near it) of the VN750. Pretty handy and accurate visual reference with some good tips, I'm surprised it's not already pinned, but someone needs to put it in a thread, then nominate it..

I should try to put his Youtube page in my signature, but I doubt it will fit ... limited characters.
Help me to understand a bit better (I'm more used to operating and posting to Youtube and Reddit). By "making the thread", do you mean making a post? Like, I'll create a post with a simple title and simply intorduce/provide the link for my playlist?

If that's the case, do you want me to make the post also for the Roach video playlist? Also, I didn't know Roach = Andrew Roth. I watched parts of those rebuild videos and it's incredible! Truly remarkable mechanical skills he has!

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Help me to understand a bit better (I'm more used to operating and posting to Youtube and Reddit). By "making the thread", do you mean making a post? Like, I'll create a post with a simple title and simply intorduce/provide the link for my playlist?

If that's the case, do you want me to make the post also for the Roach video playlist? Also, I didn't know Roach = Andrew Roth. I watched parts of those rebuild videos and it's incredible! Truly remarkable mechanical skills he has!
Yes, you have it, in this forum the button does say "create new post", other forums call it a "thread" with the collection of posts inside. It's an internet thing.

But yes, just start a new post with the title of your choice and put the description in the post, then include the link to your YouTube home page so people can go and reference the video they need.

It would be fine to include Roach's with yours, or fine for you or anyone else to start a new thread with his home page listed. Once upon a time, a couple of people have complained about the high number of pinned threads in certain sections, but as long as they're useful to the forum I don't think it's a huge problem.

Sometimes I'm concerned about using his name in a post, versus using his screen name, but unless I go fetch the link every time there's no other way to tell them how to find him at YouTube.

Videos like that are helpful for anyone doing a job for the first time, or maybe forgot how something goes back together. Just have to find the relevant video, I think they're all listed as Part 1, Part 2, etc., without descriptive titles. But they're definitely handy.

Edited

·
Registered
10,801 Posts
Ok looks like I’m doing it right, it’s just a confidence thing I guess. Repetition will cure that.
That right hand in the Bermuda triangle helps with stability, if it happens to start falling away from you there's two hands to pull it back toward you, one hand on the left grip and one in the triangle.

If you try using both hands on the grips, you're leaning over the bike and lose weight leverage on the footpad.

I'm standing on one leg when it locks down, all weight on the pad, just like Frank did.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, you have it, in this forum the button does say "create new post", other forums call it a "thread" with the collection of posts inside. It's an internet thing.

But yes, just start a new post with the title of your choice and put the description in the post, then include the link to your YouTube home page so people can go and reference the video they need.

It would be fine to include Roach's with yours, or fine for you or anyone else to start a new thread with his home page listed. Once upon a time, a couple of people have complained about the high number of pinned threads in certain sections, but as long as they're useful to the forum I don't think it's a huge problem.

Sometimes I'm concerned about using his name in a post, versus using his screen name, but unless I go fetch the link every time there's no other way to tell them how to find him at YouTube.

Videos like that are helpful for anyone doing a job for the first time, or maybe forgot how something goes back together. Just have to find the relevant video, I think they're all listed as Part 1, Part 2, etc., without descriptive titles. But they're definitely handy.

Edited
Thanks for the explanation. The post has been created. Here is the link.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts