Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Sounds like he's got the idle too low. Trying to make it sound like a Harley?

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
You gotta admit that it lopes right along in a good rhythm without dying. Just wonder why he DID go to a single carb.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
IIRC, I read here that too low an idle could result in engine damage due to low oil pressure/circulation. If it were my bike I'd up the idle; not concerned with trying to make it sound like something it wasn't designed to be. But the owner probably doesn't share my concern, just as I don't care for his paint.

·
Registered
401 Posts
He definitely has the idle too low and it sounded to me like it was knocking real bad for it too.

·
carbon unit
369 Posts
Can you says spare parts.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Sounds like he needs to adjust the ACCTs and turn the idle up a bit. Otherwise...not bad.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I wish he got on the throttle at least once, I'd have liked to hear the gas engaged. I like the paint but would never let my baby idle that low. Yeah you have to worry about oil pressure but you also have to worry about the charging system. I'm curious how he modded the pipes. They look like stock but with the tips modified.

·
carbon unit
369 Posts
Sounds like he needs to adjust the ACCTs and turn the idle up a bit. Otherwise...not bad.
Two words to think about while he's idling that motor..
hydaulic and lifters

·
Registered
796 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
personally, i think that is the ugliest bike ever.... and he destoyed a beautiful stock vn750.... :((((

·
Noob.
69 Posts
I dont think that its idling too low. I dont even think that bike was started.

I believe what we are hearing in that video, is a river dance performance in the back ground.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Sounds like he's got the idle too low. Trying to make it sound like a Harley?
Yep, even got the potato, potato sound, which is not good for a Harley either...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Definitely a Harley wannabe look with the carb and air cleaner sticking out the right side, getting in the way of your knee. Continues the theme with the loping potato, potato exhaust sound. I think this engine is not destined for a long life judging from the noises and probable low oil pressure. Soon to be parts donor cycle IMHO.

I wonder if that carb is modded from half of the original carb housing, or a single off a completely different bike? It doesn`t seem to me that only one half of the original carb set would provide enough fuel to run both cylinders at high rpm. It is easier to get at and remove though.:smiley_th

LP, I can`t decide if he has some slip-on trumpets, or some covers over the OEM mufflers. Either way it looks kind of mickey mouse.:( Doesn`t even look like chrome to me. Looks almost like galvanized clothes dryer vent pipe.

Gold lower fork tubes stand out like a sore thumb. Either needs to carry the color over more of the bike or eliminate it completely.:doh:

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I kinda liked the looks of the bike, pipes and all, except for the single carb. & the small breather...
I'm a shade bigger in the cc dept. but not that much (450cc), I'm running a lot more filter, and a lot more idle speed too 10K+ ...lol...
http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=E-3040
It would probably sound pretty good with the idle up to 10-11K too, I know his engine would love the extra oil...lol...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts