Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow, i ordered parts from this website on the 20th and it still has yet to ship. not cool!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yeah, you definitely don't order from them if you're in a hurry.

John

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
You might want to call and make sure they have the part in stock. Sometimes the part is either on backorder and they don't tell you or they just don't have it and have to order it. Either being likely as parts for these bikes are becoming more rare. Give 'um a ring...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
omg, they have spies on this forum! after posting this i get an email with the subject...

CheapCycleParts.com Order #4192464 Shipped

lol

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Lol, my experience with Cheap Cycle parts is that they order part from distributor when you place an order. Wait to receive it then repackage and ship to buyer. They confirmed this for me when I called about an order of a throttle cable and they told me they expected it to arrive the next day at their warehouse and then it would ship to me.

Furthermore, they sent me the wrong part, I received an RMA and return shipping label from fed-ex paid by them, but am still awaiting for a refund. Also it appears based on their fine print I will not be reimbursed my original shipping charges of $7 even though they sent me a part I did not order and cannot possibly use.

This is just my experience, but I won't ever be using them again based on this transaction.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I never had any issues with them (cheapcycleparts). I didn't know they had spies on here either. But in that case...cheapcycleparts.com lower your prices!!!! lol.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I think they have to order it and repackage it too, once it says shipped it comes quickly but it takes time for them to get it

·
Registered
278 Posts
Ordered my fork seals 4/20 and they arrived today 4/27. I've ordered several times from them and never had an issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cheap Cycle Parts

I just finished gathering all the other hings to do and parts needed when you do a stator replacement. The information on here was great and I will eventualy post a summary spreadheet of all the parts that I learned about so that everything is in one place. For example, the oil filter in the head cover. Anyway, after compiling all of the needed parts, I priced them out at Cheap Cycle parts, Bike Bandit, Ron Ayers, and Babbit (I could not find any OEM parts at Dennis Kirk). I realize the Ron Ayers take awhile to ship since they don't stock much, but the price saving on this shopping basket at Ron Ayers was over $100 compared to cheap cycle parts. Just sharing my research with everyone.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Somebody post this link a month or two back to indyoem.com.
http://www.indyoem.com/default.asp

Don`t know anything about them except the prices are lower than most others.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I've ordered several times from cheapcycleparts and never had any issue except that they take a while to get here. Usually 10-12 business days. I only use them when I'm ordering several parts. It's worth the wait to me to save $20 or $30. On average cheapcycleparts is $2 or $3 cheaper per part than getting them from my local bike shop so it only takes 3 or 4 parts to make up the shipping costs. My last parts order came from http://www.carolinacycle.com/. Their parts are a little less than cheapcycleparts and I got my order in about 7 business days.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wasn't in a hurry to get my items or anything. I was just shocked it took so long to ship but it makes sense if they don't stock the parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had the same thing. I have ordered twice through them, and it took a while for both. If you are in a hurry, don't go there. They are alot cheaper than the dealerships though.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I guess I am just a little upset because after waiting for what seemed to be an eternity to get my part, it was the wrong one.

They do have good prices, and if they send the proper part I imagine they are worth it if you can wait.

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
I've used cheapcycleparts and wasn't satisfied. I recently ordered parts for a carb rebuild and random other things from ronayers.com and compared prices on everything I ordered. ronayers.com beat cheapcycleparts on every single thing. Shipped way faster too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts