Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Doesn't it kinda look bent or something? Or is just a weird camera angle?

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
it's cheap now - have a look in 6 days.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Doesn't it kinda look bent or something? Or is just a weird camera angle?
It looks bent to me too, but it doesn`t look kinked, so you could probably straighten it enough to install with out much trouble.

A new one from Kawi would be around $100 wouldn`t it?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yeah I'll keep looking, I missed out on one recently that went for less then 75 on there. I wouldn't want to even try to rebend that tube metal. rather get a new one. I don't get how it even fastens on. It looks really weird. I think it is the photo angle though.

·
Registered
950 Posts
they emailed me back. they said it aint bent, at least no more then it should be. I put in a bid. there was someone else on there already. I won't start a bidding war if its one of us.

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
CWO3 Navy (Retired)
722 Posts
Did you ask on here? I got one from the forum for $60 and it's like new!

·
Registered
950 Posts
I haven't looked on here much. But I keep a really good eye on the new posts, so I think I probably would have seen a post about someone selling one. But I may have missed it.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
it's upside down so it LOOKS bent...
I am going to take a guess here, Did this come off your bike you are NOW selling? Is that you ctrygirl06. LOL :doh:
Just kiddin

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't get how it even fastens on. It looks really weird. I think it is the photo angle though.
The big holes on the ends mount to the cross piece under the seat and there are four smaller holes just before the bend that mount to the four bolts that hold the sissy bar to the grab rails. The bent part of the rack goes around the bottom of the toolbox.

I just put one on last week. Info on the bolts you'll need to mount it is in this thread http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10533.

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Mine was 100 beans shipped courtesy of my fantastic girlfriend. Once you get it and take the seat off you'll see its really easy to install. Keep all the bolts loose until they're all started then sinch 'um down tight. You may have to 'negotiate' the metal a little but really its a piece a cake. Be careful but not too careful about the 5 lb warning, I've carried a full case of Heineken bottles on mine...

·
Registered
950 Posts
WHOA thats some valueable cargo to be testing out on there.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Well it sold for $75. I maxed my bid at 75 and didn't get it. And I used esnipe so somebody out there really wanted it.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Well it sold for $75. I maxed my bid at 75 and didn't get it. And I used esnipe so somebody out there really wanted it.
What is esnipe?

·
Registered
209 Posts
enipe is when someone bids at the last possible moment to win the auction.
i do it because its easier instead of constantly checking up on the auction.

thats funny, i have one on my bike that i got and i dont really want it. but i prefer a clean look, maybe in the future i'll find out i want a rack to put bags on.
i also have a taller sissy bar and theres no way to go back to factory.

·
Registered
950 Posts
thats funny, i have one on my bike that i got and i dont really want it.
you saying you wanna sell it?

Hoss esnipe.com check it out. It allows you to put your max bid in and it bids with 6 seconds to go. Or what ever time period pick. But like today someone must have already had their ebay bid higher. but when you did that way, you create a biding war. cuz it constantly bids. this way you can sneak a bid in at the last second

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Yeah they do have fees, but they are fairly nominal, and if you really want something, it might be worth it. You buy a chunk of points in advance. I have kinda forgotten about the points cuz I have a few of them. Also I know when I first started using esnipe, they gave you so many free points to start with to see if you liked the program.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts