Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes they fit! The GL1100 front fender (1982) fit our front ends with little mod. Only need to drill out the fender mount holes to fit our size. Paint (rattle can) coming soon.

Cutris, you might like this for our wet weather riding.

DT

·
working class hero
32 Posts
I got a 1980 gl 1100 on mine and it luckily came with the chrome guard....bid it on ebay.:rockon:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where did I get mine? look in the background just above the fender! My guess is there is a ton of these out there for sale. I took the chrome off due to too much rust.

DT

·
Registered
387 Posts
Another question is, do you have the 100/90 or the 110/90 tire? Do you know if it will fit with the 110?

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
It's been discussed before and it'll fit with the 110.

I do like that mod... unfortunately the mcy scrap yards 'round here suck...

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question is, do you have the 100/90 or the 110/90 tire? Do you know if it will fit with the 110?
I'm running stock 100/90. I don't think there will be a problem. There are two metal channels just above the mount bolts that might need to be trimmed, but maybe not.

What about that yard near Turner? I think it's Kuebler exit off of I-5 south of Salem.

DT

·
Registered
748 Posts
I wanna c more pics of that fender...it looks sweet, just wondering if it would look better on there backwards???
It looks like $#!* on there backwards, believe me. It ain't easy to see in DT's pic, but the GL1100 fender has a built-in mudflap/flare at the rear.

Jim

·
Registered
748 Posts

Hey, Curtis, check with Dianna; I think she's got one or two, and she's cleaning out the Parts Dept. Dunno if she's got the guard/trim or not, but those are usually pretty cheap on eBay. I've got two, but I'm gonna be using both of 'em.

Jim

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
I will check with dianna...

And DT I think you're referring to mikes cycle parts. I've called on a couple parts and either they didn't have it, didn't feel like answering the phone or e-mail, or IF they had the part and I was able to get ahold of em... wanted at least double what they go for on fleabay (I once had him say that they generally charge around 1/2 of MSRP...)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Does anyone know if any other model vulcan fenders will bolt up? Front or rear? I would like to put the vulcan 900 fender on the front and if I could find a bigger fender for the rear that would bolt up with minimal modification that would be sweet too!

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
See! I knew someone would listen to me eventually!
The GL1100 fender is one of the closest things to the Tour pac fenders out there. It also has the added benefit of being able to handle the 110 tire with no problems, one of the things you can't do with the tour pac fender.

Best possible resource for them? Ebay and they are relatively inexpensive.
For a side by side compare see the Fender folder here in my pics
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ddhughey0620/sets/72157600678736436/

·
Registered
165 Posts

I have an extra that need's a paint job: $15 + shipping

"""SOLD"""

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes, better in the rain for sure. Up here in this neck of the woods it rains 9 months out of the year and if it's not raining right NOW you'll be riding over wet streets from when it did rain a few minutes ago.
Everyone else living up here knows of the big muddy stripe they get running down the centerline of the radiator. This fender would help that issue quite a bit I would think. And it would set themselves apart from the stock-looking vn's that are out and about.
As for natxbrotha's question on other Vulcan compatable fenders... I would love to hear the answer on that, too. I don't limit the search to Kawasaki fenders though. I'd change my rear fender out also with something a little "more".
I have a suspicion that there's not much to choose from though. I would prefer to change them both out rather than one at a time. A bit more of a larger bike, "classic" look that is also wet weather practical.

·
85 VN 700
1,033 Posts
Hmm... if someone else wants to jump at that then do. If no one else bites, send me a PM and we'll work out something in a couple weeks (our washer died, anniversary is coming up, and rent is due - broke for the next 3 weeks...) Definitely interested and if you want to work something out in about a month we can.... Luckily this happened while I'm getting paid pretty well as an intern... just had hoped for that rainy day cushion... oh well ;-)

I have an extra that need's a paint job: $15 + shipping

1 - 18 of 18 Posts