Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
BUT $66 dollars S&H to my house? Not so cheap anymore.

DT

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUT $66 dollars S&H to my house? Not so cheap anymore.

DT
$64.01 to my house.. the same one on Ebay with shipping is $72.95.. that is total... if you go to the check out section it has UPS ground instead of the higher overnight shipping.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I'll stay with my $89 Sears AGM - and if there is a problem with the battery, Sears backs them up - locally -

DT

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll stay with my $89 Sears AGM - and if there is a problem with the battery, Sears backs them up - locally -

DT
Yeah I was thinking about that too...Interstate batteries has one that will fit our bike and its abou tthat price...what is the numbers of the sears battery?

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh well to heck with that decka.. I got excited abou tthe price and missed the CCA... my bad!

·
The Professor
3,147 Posts
Oh well to heck with that decka.. I got excited abou tthe price and missed the CCA... my bad!
All ETX15L batteries made after 09/01/2008 are 210CCA, most ads are older and show 180cca. :beerchug:

The Mottobatt battery is Chinese crap!!

The Deka is made in the U.S. by East Penn Manufacturing and is the best made battery you can get.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All ETX15L batteries made after 09/01/2008 are 210CCA, most ads are older and show 180cca. :beerchug:

The Mottobatt battery is Chinese crap!!

The Deka is made in the U.S. by East Penn Manufacturing and is the best made battery you can get.
I sent them an E-mail... they have updated thier web site... now it says that it has 220CCA...!!

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
I see the Bigcrank ETX15L is rated 14Ah, 210 cca.
The Deka ETX15L is rated 10Ah, 220 cca.

Is the Bigcrank made in USA like the Deka?

What do the rating differences mean to us, the consumer? (Basically, is the Bigcrank worth the extra $10?)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Big Crank is purportedly USA-made.

As for the rating differences, the definition of CCA is the amount of sustained amperage the battery can supply at 0 degrees F for 30 seconds while maintaining 7.2 or more volts. So, at 0 degrees F for 30 seconds, the Deka has almost immeasurably more punch for starting the engine.

The capacity difference of 40% is potentially more significant if you run the battery down with, for instance, a long string of short trips, lights or accessories inadvertently left on, or a protracted effort to start a cantankerous engine.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
7/6/10 Morning: I just got an email from Bigcrank, and was told that the Bigcrank is made by Deka / East Penn MFG in PA

7/6/10 Early Afternoon: Just got an email from Deka. They just updated their website after my questioning them on the 10Ah rating, and it is now listed as 14Ah, 220 cca. So, it's a 'your pick' situation. These are probably the exact same battery, off the same production line, with a different label on each.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Found an AGM battery at Wal-Mart...ES14AHBS.. 210CCA..$75...that is a bit high I think but at least its easly found as there is a Wal-Mart every 5 feet in Oklahoma...LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts