Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike hasn't had rear signals for 2 seasons now. I had to remove them for saddlebags, and now I want a pair to mount on the sissy bar or on the license plate frame. Which signals can I get that are fairly cheap and won't blink faster than the factory ones. I looked at a few on eBay, but not sure they will work. I had bought a plate frame with lights, but they blink REALLY fast and are really small...

any links or suggestions would be great. $50 is about my budget with shipping...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wow, if you got $50 bucks you should go LED. I did a search on EBAY and bought ones that looked just like stock for about 9 bucks each if I remember right.

·
Premium Member
4,742 Posts
If you go with LEDs, you'll need an electronic flasher unit. If you mount to the license light housing, you can use any signal with a mounting bolt. There's a recent thread on this.

·
Registered
319 Posts
SlimVulcanRider posted this on another thread. I'd highly recommend these as they will greatly reduce the pull on your electrical system and save it!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
SlimVulcanRider posted this on another thread. I'd highly recommend these as they will greatly reduce the pull on your electrical system and save it!
are you referring to the "Clear Alternatives"? if so... even though they are LED, they aren't a power saver per say, because they have built in resistors to mimic the loads of a regular incandescent light bulb power draws... If you are looking to save power, you need to go to a true LED light and switch out the thermal flasher for an electronic one. You can get an electronic flasher from any auto part store for under 15 bucks. I bet you could use this to fix your license plate mounted lights that are blinking too fast... but you need to swap out your front lights at the same time.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my plate frame mount wasn't LED, but the signal interval was wacky. I didn't want to have to install an electronic flasher unit.

so as long as I stick with something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4X-Universal-Motorcycle-Turn-Signal-Indicator-Light-03-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a64242a89QQitemZ250788194953QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I won't need a flasher unit, right?

Looking at my bike, I am gonna have to replace a few other parts this spring... Probably have to go lower than $50, lol.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
those will work for the rear, but not in the front, and I can't tell what bulb they use... if they blink fast, go to autozone and get EP28 Electronic flasher for 14.99... it is plug and play, meaning just unplug your old thermal flasher and put this one in.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks. I tried lights i had fro ma xs650 and a maxim, no luck. I will try these and hopefully they work. I'm getting sick of hand signals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts