Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Based on a recent thread, thought I'd give this a go. It turned out to be a very easy and not very time-consuming mod (I had under an hour and a half total in it). The best part?

IT WORKS!

Took it to work this morning - low to mid 60's outside and the bike had set for 2 days. First clutch release was smooth as butter! Anyone with the chatterbox issue should absolutely do this.

The procedure is simple: Disassemble the clutch and remove the basket from the output shaft. Drill the holes and reassemble.

Here's a pic of the basket after the holes are drilled:

check out the album for all of the pics in order with descriptions

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
Nice write up

·
Super Moderator
11,927 Posts
Like this?

If you click on one of your images, it takes you to a direct link page.

Copy the whole URL and paste it in the pop up box you get when you click on the "ad image" icon at the top of the text box.(the little yellow one on the right)

(I notice the box opens with a http/ already in it, so I just delete it first ad the URL already contains one and the link won't work if theres two of them.)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I was having a problem with Imgur and resizing that particular photo. When I created the post this morning that pic showed up enormous, taking up more than the screen. Guess the resize finally took effect!

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
This is on my todo when I do my clutch plates.

·
Let's Ride!!
606 Posts
I really need to do this. Clutch really grinds when I first get going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts