Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How common is it for the fuel level sending unit to go out? Are they repairable? and same question as far as horns? I've yet to delve off into either yet, as I'm still scratching my head over getting my carb issues worked out.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
How common is it for the fuel level sending unit to go out? Are they repairable? and same question as far as horns? I've yet to delve off into either yet, as I'm still scratching my head over getting my carb issues worked out.
I don't know how common it is but mine was bad on my old 750 the whole time I owned it I didn't worry about it ,it was the first bike I had owned with a gauge anyway.I always thought that was what reserve was for,until I got an FI bike gauge and light are necessary ,no petcock. Just punch your trip meter when you fill up and keep an Eye on the mileage and you will figure out soon enough where it hits the point you need to go to reserve or fuel up.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
The horns are cheap enough to just replace IMHO. The sending unit isnt too bad to just replace. I've never tries to repair one but I guess it would matter what's wrong with it.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
The fuel level thingy is useless. Never even look at it. Just roll the miles bak to zero everytime I fill up and when it gets to 100 miles, time for gas.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Years ago, reading the verses after joining this forum, I read where someone "solder repaired" his sending unit.
I had previously replaced mine the previous year, prior to joining this forum. :doh:

:smiley_th

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I soldered mine and has been working fine ever since. If your handy at all with a soldering iron, it isn't a difficult repair. Just be careful opening the unit up to get to the resistor coils, they tend to break the end of the coil/wire. It can be repaired but not really necessary.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I soldered mine and has been working fine ever since. If your handy at all with a soldering iron, it isn't a difficult repair. Just be careful opening the unit up to get to the resistor coils, they tend to break the end of the coil/wire. It can be repaired but not really necessary.
Great advice should I attemt to remedy this repair/problem !

:smiley_th

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
Maybe I should get a non working one and do a photo show on the repair? Any interest?

·
'03 VN750 "Rosie"
227 Posts
Maybe I should get a non working one and do a photo show on the repair? Any interest?
Absolutely! I always love seeing new repairs! :huddle:

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it but I think,I saw on here a few years back where some one did that, with photos.

Might search the site and find it and save your self some time, things like that are sometimes hard to find on here though. :beerchug:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts