Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have talked about it in the past and it's finally coming to fruition. The ride is set for June 1st at firemans park in franklin nj. All proceeds go directly towards The Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center. These wonderful people gave us hope and more importantly Time. My father was diagnosed with a very aggressive form of a gliosarcoma. Prognosis was 6 months without treatment 8-12 with. 23 months is what they gave us. 23 months my father fought this terrible disease. At only 56 he passed away. I was his primary care taker for the last year. But back to the ride and such. Last year we did a walk down at duke for brain cancer survivors and for those that lost the fight. So last year we walked with him and this year for him. We are also doing a beefsteak dinner to raise more money for this great cause. The bike ride is run by me and my uncle Billy. There will be love music and plenty of food. Gonna be raffles and door prizes as well. $20 a bike and $10 a passenger. I'm posting a picture of the flyer so you know it's legit and my number is on it. I'm tom for those that don't know my name. Please consider coming out for the run. Like I said the money goes to a great cause. We won't be pocketing any of it. Thank you all for your time and please forgive the rambling. Still a very sore and emotional subject.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
That's not far from main st and rutherford ave correct? It's been close to 20 years but I can find it.its cool that your Uncle's MC is outta Hardyston.I grew up on 517 between 23 & 94.it's on a Sunday so I should make it.gonna try to get some Brothers to come
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have absolutely no use where it is to be honest. He chose the location. Once I get my tank back and get it on I'm gonna ride out there to check it out and to be able to give better directions

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,501 Posts
I have all intentions of being there and I am trying to get a few more riders to come along.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's great. The more the merrier. I talked to Wolfie before and he said he's gonna put up flyers around him and try to get more people as well.

·
2,501 Posts
That's great. The more the merrier. I talked to Wolfie before and he said he's gonna put up flyers around him and try to get more people as well.
Wolfie will have to put the word out and gather the local boyz for a ride. Let's see how many NJ, NY, CT, PA riders we can gather for this and help Nitro out. Its a good cause and it is in memory of a member's father. Get us as much information as possible as we rally some troops. There is plenty of time to get everyone organized and I am sure The Wolfie will be lining up some bikes.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
june 1st......hmm i think thats doable.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
If I can't get all the Freebirds to ride I'll defiantly get some donations from my Brothers.I also have a few friends in Under My Skin For Life.can see what they'll do.they are national and always doing charity runs.might be a chapter near you as well.

·
2,501 Posts
june 1st......hmm i think thats doable.
Can you bring a few more? If we can get enough we can all meet up along the way and then sign in all together as one big group backing Nitro in this. Maybe we can get Liberty, KC, Mike DeAngelo and a few more from Jersey and meet up with Wolfie, Mercury (haven't seen posts from him of late), Ole Dirty Doc from up north and maybe some more. Wolfie, can you work your logistics magic and come up with some meeting places and talk to a few people to make this happen?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....Im gonna get the word out to the CLMC and the 81 as well as the Nam Knights, and a few others....shops, hangouts, etc.......I dont think they (the MCs) got anything then, I gotta check....but if ya wanna meetup to talks stuff....I think Big Johns on Old 23 is a good place and easy fer all....if the weathers good, its just a stones throw from Franklin too...supposed to be high 40s by me Sat....so will be 50s in Jersey...

I suggested to Nitro to try and use local vendors for refreshments and food if its gonna be an annual thing (local folks appreciate that)....so, there's Sussex Meat Packing fer the grub....I dunno any beer distributors there any more....but I suggest PBR....EVERYONE drinks PBR, what we had at Strange Days....costs less than Bud, and dont give folks headaches....

We gotta have chilli though, since Im down to 13 teeth.....I can make the chilli....

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Oh yeah, Nitro...tell yer uncle Id like to talk with him sometime....thats why I hoped we'd all meet up....but I know Sussex County like the back of my hand (grew up at Kittatinny Lake)....he does too, from what ya told me...

Im a priest too...so I was thinking a ride to Sunrise Mtn for a group prayer.....its a good spot for it, nice ride...I been prayin up there for 50 yrs....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
June 1st is a Sunday.....I work Sundays till 3:30pm so I would wind up missing this.

Nitro...get in touch with me bro. Email me the flyers and I will print and post them all over the area. Wayne to West milford area. If I can manage to get the day off, I would love to attend this and support a member's cause.

I am sure we can get a good turn out if we get the word out.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's your email KC and I'll send over a copy.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So how many people do you all think we can get?

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I aint talked to some of the boys (MC's) yet...seem some went down to Daytona....soon as they come back, between the Nam Knights and them, figure anywhere between 15-40, lol....mebbe more !....

Tell yer unks too...if its gonna be a decent size group, to let the local cops know....they'll often set up at traffic lights and major intersections to stop traffic so as not to break up a procession. I had that on a few rides i been on....in Sussex, we can prolly get away with 2-3 riders carrying orange flags with em for the big intersections to do traffic control. Since its a charity thing, most local PDs will help....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I've done a little blocking on our run, but that's a whole different ballgame down there.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts